Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a new deck installed. I was looking at the pic for the bose amp to find out a way to bypass it but I'm not exactly sure what is the in and the out for the amp. There are three sets of connections to the speakers (according to the picture). If someone could explain to me how to bypass the amp or at least what the picture says, I would really appreciate iy. BTW, I am bypassing the amp because I don't want to fry my 4 ohm deck by using 2 ohm speakers. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha
1991 Acura Legend LS Sedan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't seem to get the picture to show up. (The bose amp) If anyone wants to look at it, just tell me how to post the pic (cuz i tried attaching the file and it didn't work), just send me your e-mail and I'll pass it on to you. Thanks

Sim Garcha
1991 Acura Legend LS

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Here's a pic of the wire code on Koji's website Legendtuner. I used this diagram to bypass my amp. You can even use the factory wiring, just cut the wires going into the amp (Middle plug) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, that's the picture that I have. You said to just cut the wires going to the amp (middle plug). Are those wires coming from the deck, speakers for where? If you could just give me a little more detail on the process, I would really appreciate it. Please tell me which wires are coming from the deck and which ones go to the speakers. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
simgarcha said:
Yup, that's the picture that I have. You said to just cut the wires going to the amp (middle plug). Are those wires coming from the deck, speakers for where? If you could just give me a little more detail on the process, I would really appreciate it. Please tell me which wires are coming from the deck and which ones go to the speakers. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha
Yeah you are right, the wires going into the middle plug are wires from the headunit. If you installed a new headunit up front, you can just tap those wires and run them to your speakers.

Better yet, buy two of these, these harness will plug into the plug that goes into the stock headunit, so you don't have to cut the stock plug off. Use the other one with the plug going into the amp, so you don't have to cut there either. Makes it easy to return to stock if desired.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wait I'm going down this route too, let me get something straight. WhiteLegend, the wiring harness that ur talking about, is that the one u hav to get i.e. @ Circuit City b/c when u take out the oem radio, the plug wires won't fit into the new stereo, so u have to get the wires that are for Acura. Are those the wires ur talking about?

And simgarcha, don't u want new speakers in order to get the full power of the stereo i.e. a stereo that's 180 watts (45X4)? Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Latin.......................

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
Wait I'm going down this route too, let me get something straight. WhiteLegend, the wiring harness that ur talking about, is that the one u hav to get i.e. @ Circuit City b/c when u take out the oem radio, the plug wires won't fit into the new stereo, so u have to get the wires that are for Acura. Are those the wires ur talking about?

And simgarcha, don't u want new speakers in order to get the full power of the stereo i.e. a stereo that's 180 watts (45X4)? Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Latin.......................
When you take out the stock radio, you will be left with the oem plug, but that plug won't fit your new radio, you'll have to cut the plug to wire in your new radio. This harness I linked above will let you wire your new stereo w/o cutting the stock plug.
And yes, you can get them from Circuit city or Best buy for like $15.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I will be getting new speakers anyways. But, I believe the 80 W Amp is RMS and the 180W Deck I got is like 80W RMS as well. 180W is the maximum power it can provide at one moment. The normal or nominal power is about (20Wx4) not (45WX4). I am going to get new speakers anyways. Thanks.

Sim Garcha

·
Registered
423 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

When you take out the stock radio, you will be left with the oem plug, but that plug won't fit your new radio, you'll have to cut the plug to wire in your new radio. This harness I linked above will let you wire your new stereo w/o cutting the stock plug.
And yes, you can get them from Circuit city or Best buy for like $15.
:D coo, I thought u were talking about something else that I needed to get. Sorry if my question was confusing. Thanks.

Latin.............

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FACTORY AMP

After asking around and looking at the BOSE AMP schematic, I have realized that it would be a hell of a lot easier to just stick with the amp if possible. This is my situation, I have replace the front 6.5" speakers with ones that are 4 ohm and am ready to replace the rear 6X9s with ones that are 4 ohm. I am waiting to install a deck that is also 4 ohm. My question is, can I just use the existing amp to power my speakers. I understand that I may lose some power but from my experience with the front speakers, I am satisfied. Please tell me if I can use an aftermarket 4 ohm deck with 4 aftermarket speakers and the original 80 W Bose deck. BTW, my car is a 91' Legend LS Sedan. I only found the harness adapter that goes to the deck and to the amp, but not the two adapters that go from the amp to the front and rear speakers (B & C). Please tell me if this is possible. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: FACTORY AMP

simgarcha said:
After asking around and looking at the BOSE AMP schematic, I have realized that it would be a hell of a lot easier to just stick with the amp if possible. This is my situation, I have replace the front 6.5" speakers with ones that are 4 ohm and am ready to replace the rear 6X9s with ones that are 4 ohm. I am waiting to install a deck that is also 4 ohm. My question is, can I just use the existing amp to power my speakers. I understand that I may lose some power but from my experience with the front speakers, I am satisfied. Please tell me if I can use an aftermarket 4 ohm deck with 4 aftermarket speakers and the original 80 W Bose deck. BTW, my car is a 91' Legend LS Sedan. I only found the harness adapter that goes to the deck and to the amp, but not the two adapters that go from the amp to the front and rear speakers (B & C). Please tell me if this is possible. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha
It'll be hell a lot harder to wire your new headunit to the factory amp. Actually I don't think it's even possible, because I think the bose amp acepts a different signal than the signal from aftermarket decks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that's what the guy at the car audio place said, but he said that he might be able to do it. Newayz, i'll find out 2morrow.
Thanks.

Sim Garcha

·
Registered
423 Posts
If u gonna rewire the new deck to th amp, that's alot of freaking work lol. All u need to do is take ur stereo out w/the wire that has the plug at the end. Than go ahead and cut off the other plastic plug away and unite it with the new wire & plug from i.e. circuit city and plug it to ur new stereo. You might b trying to do something else, so nevermind. :D

Latin..................

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Re: FACTORY AMP

WhiteLegend said:

It'll be hell a lot harder to wire your new headunit to the factory amp. Actually I don't think it's even possible, because I think the bose amp acepts a different signal than the signal from aftermarket decks.
you are correct, the bose amp only accepts the signal from the stock bose deck. the way i solved this whole problem is to have my friend over at American help me install my deck for no cost, he installed a part that bypassed the amp while leaving it there intact.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Koji_H said:
Hello,

Not to nitpick but I'd prefer that a link be placed directing people to LEGENDtuner.com rather than a direct image link as in this thread. Otherwise if you're gonna directly link a file from LEGENDtuner.com I'd appreciate a mention of the website. After all, it is the LEGENDtuner.com server that is hosting the image.
Sorry Koji, I changed it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FYI, I got a new deck installed and it worked with the factory amp. The installer used a wiring harness to hook up the deck to the factory wiring but he didn't touch anything else. The deck was running of the factory amp. It had a lot of hiss so I just cut the harnesses at the back and bypassed the amp. What I am trying to say is that with my deck, it was possible to use the Bose Amp but it had a lot of hiss at low volume.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
simgarcha said:
FYI, I got a new deck installed and it worked with the factory amp. The installer used a wiring harness to hook up the deck to the factory wiring but he didn't touch anything else. The deck was running of the factory amp. It had a lot of hiss so I just cut the harnesses at the back and bypassed the amp. What I am trying to say is that with my deck, it was possible to use the Bose Amp but it had a lot of hiss at low volume.
The hiss is caused by the incompatibilty of the bose amp to your new deck, the bose amp wasn't designed to accept the signal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keeping Bose HeadUnit Deck but...

Keeping the stock Bose Premium Headunit Deck, but replacing the speakers with aftermarket 4 Ohm speakers. How to wire and power the 4 ohm speakers with an aftermarket amp ?

Disconnect wire harness from head unit to bose amp, and tap into those wire with a line out converter for the front & rears?

So there's a line "input" into the amp, how about the wires "output" going to the speakers?

tap into a different set of wires that WAS from the bose amp back to the speakers?

:confused: sorry for the confusion, i guess pictures would always help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
is this wiring to adding amp to interior speakers?

Harness A comes from the headunit (Line Out Converter to RCA's) into Aftermarket AMP

A1 ----- Orange -------- Left Rear Speaker (+) ----- Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A2 ----- Green --------- Left Rear Speaker (-) ------ Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A3 ----- Yellow --------- Right Rear Speaker (+) ---- Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A4 ----- Red ----------- Right Rear Speaker (-) ----- Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A5 ----- Blue ----------- Right Front Speaker (+) --- Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A6 ----- Brown --------- Right Front Speaker (-) ---- Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A7 ----- White --------- Left Front Speaker (+) ----- Connect to (LOC to RCA)
A8 ----- Black ---------- Left Front Speaker (-) ----- Connect to (LOC to RCA)

Harness B is for the rear speakers (From AMP to Speaker Wires)
AMP out back to B1 ----- Red/Yellow ---- Right Rear Speaker (+)
AMP out back to B2 ----- Blue/Yellow ---- Left Rear Speaker (+)
AMP out back to B3 ----- Brown --------- Right Rear Speaker (-)
AMP out back to B5 ----- Gray ---------- Left Rear Speaker (-)

Harness C is for the front speakers (From AMP to Speaker Wires)
AMP out back to C1 ----- Red ------------ Right Front Speaker (+)
AMP out back to C3 ----- Blue ------------ Left Front Speaker (+)
AMP out back to C4 ----- Red/White ------ Right Front Speaker (-)
AMP out back to C7 ----- Blue/Orange ---- Left Front Speaker (-)

Of course amp will require the regular power, ground, remote etc.. distribution block, farad capacitor etc...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts