Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up with not being able to hook up an aftermarket headunit with the bose speakers...i went to my local audio store(Sound of Tristate, Dover, DE) ...to get an adapter and they told me that the BOSE system uses four amplifiers and if you hooked up a headunit with a 50 watt amp that you would blow your speakers..he said i would have to hard wire the whole system...i was like [email protected]$k that....anyway my BOSE headunit isnt accepting the code the dealer(Price Acura, Dover, DE) gave me...anybody know what might be wrong besides the wrong code.....i'm rolling with no tunes and i can only sing to myself for so long...lol

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
When you enter the code does it give an "error beep". I noticed if you enter it incorrectly a couple of times it locks you out. I've removed the Radio fuse becore and that seemed to work. The code entered with no hassle after that.

·
2,866 Posts
sorry to bring up old post.. but seems like no one corrected the thread.

I know the Legend with Bose system only has 1 amp that all the speakers are connected to. It's not hard at all to put an after market speaker or head in even if it is Bose system in the Legends. Either go to the Amp and jump the wires so that it bypass the amp to use the head units power, or just install the headunit and speakers normally like you would as if the amp wasn't there. One problem is that on head units that turn off the antenna when switching to CD, WHICH it turns off the amp if the attenna was to go down. Some units keep the attenna up while using CD so that's ok.

So you have to just rewire the amp so that it stays on when you choose CD as the source.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
VolkRacing said:
sorry to bring up old post.. but seems like no one corrected the thread.

I know the Legend with Bose system only has 1 amp that all the speakers are connected to. It's not hard at all to put an after market speaker or head in even if it is Bose system in the Legends. Either go to the Amp and jump the wires so that it bypass the amp to use the head units power, or just install the headunit and speakers normally like you would as if the amp wasn't there. One problem is that on head units that turn off the antenna when switching to CD, WHICH it turns off the amp if the attenna was to go down. Some units keep the attenna up while using CD so that's ok.

So you have to just rewire the amp so that it stays on when you choose CD as the source.
Like I posted in my original post above, it really matters what BOSE system you have. The G1 Legend BOSE is different and in some years have individual amps at the speakears. THe G2 has at least 2 major different types of BOSE systems. One uses the single amp that you describe which is actually 4 small mono amps located in that single plastic amp case, or you have the BOSE system that uses no amps and just the intermal amps in the BOSE headunit. Basically we need to know if you have a G1 2100 BOSE system or 2200 BOSE system, or a G1 BOSE system.

As for the amp shutting down with some aftermarket decks, just use the remote amp turn on for the antenna lead rather than the antenna turn on lead from the deck. This will keep both the OEM amp an antenna on and up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts