Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the factory amp located, I want to put in a new amp that can actually handle some volume without the speakers cutting out. When the music is driving pretty good for a while, the speakers start crapping out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hmmm i think the g1 bose has a built-in amp on the speakers, but is it true that some deck have built-in amp??? i have a pioneer deck and it has mosfet 50 thing on it is that the amp becase i read the manual and it says that that inhances the sound is this correct how do you know if a deck have a amp???? does this mean that you can hook up subs without buying an external amp??? thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pipes_0 said:
hmmm i think the g1 bose has a built-in amp on the speakers, but is it true that some deck have built-in amp??? i have a pioneer deck and it has mosfet 50 thing on it is that the amp becase i read the manual and it says that that inhances the sound is this correct how do you know if a deck have a amp???? does this mean that you can hook up subs without buying an external amp??? thanks
the stock deck had an amp on it for the front speakers but not the rear. when i installed my deck i had to bypass that amp that was toasted and everything was all good. i wired up my rear amp and subs and then when i started cranking the volume, the rear speakers started fading after a while. There must be a rear amp or i guess the speakers could have amps on them too, i'll check that out.

·
Registered
427 Posts
interesting but i could have sworn that someone here mentioned that our G1 have speaker amps which is built in the speakers not a seperate amp like the one you buy in stores i hope i'm wrong because i want to replace my amp (if i have one) but anyways can someone tell me about built in amp for a deck i have the pioneer 740mp model and i wonder if it has a built-in amp becasue i heard that the mosfet 50 is a built-in amp can someone explain this to me thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
ure better off putting new speakers which will work better with ure new radio i belived bose uses 1-2ohm speakers which wouldn't match up nicley with ure new radio which has its own amp which is 4ohm the radio amp power is probaly 25x4 rms and 50x4 max

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.