Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that there is really no way to upgrade just a deck in a 1989 Bose speaker system, because of speakers being at 2 ohms rather than 4? And if there is a way to upgrade what is it?:confused: Also, how can you make your corners brighter? what bulb do you reccomend

1989 Acura Legend LS Sedan
Clear Custom bumpers
Racing Pedals
Hyperwhite High/Low Beams

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, for one, why would you be thinking of going to a better deck without going to better speakers ?? The speakers are the ones that can really make or break sound quality... With that said, I don't believe that you can run a high power signal to the stock speakers as they have their own amps and it will do damage to these.... ( Please correct me if I'm wrong ????)

As far as the corner lights go, I don't think that there are any brighter bulbs out there, but you could always create your own... Figure out how powerfull you want them and decide on a bulb. Cut the stock harness and install a relay in place of the original bulb. Run a good size harness from the battery to the relay and the relay to the new lights you have decided on (and mounted in the lenses). Ground everything very well, and Voila... You now have bright corner lights and they will not burn out your original harness !!!! I don't know how legal this is though...

I hooked a set of fog lights into the system similar to this, except I kept the original bulbs and just have the foglight relay fed by the power from these lights...

·
Registered
180 Posts
fog light signals cool =). But dont we already have 2 singlas in the front? i dont know abuot having 3 now. but it would look really cool on other cars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No... My fogs don't flash... They are on constant with the corner lights....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Yes, you can swap out the Bose deck. Crutchfield sells special adapter for $49, but for $49 you can buy a new pairs of speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts