Acura Legend Forum banner

What day would you definately be in for! (Choose all that apply)

• I'd be down for May 11th!!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I'd be down for May 18th!!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Definately not coming, Legends suck!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Showtime!! OK Patriots fans. I have finally put the pieces together and organized a New England Meet. Here's whats planned First we start off at the Acura Dealership in Walpole on Rte 1. There is a huge parking lot accross the street Near the Taco Bell. I've spoken to the manager of the dealership and he said that he can probably get us A 2003 6spd Type S and a TL Types S for test driving. The parts department will be open until 3pm so we have to make this an early afternoon thing. Now, his accomodations are contingient upon interest (the number of people showing up for the meet). So I need your help. We need some firm commitments.

Next we would caravan from Rt1 to F1 Boston for some racing and such. :cool: Now here's the skinny there. I've spoken to management who has agreed to reserve an area of the parking lot for us They would most likely take pictures to promote further meets at their establishment as well. I think it is reasonable for us to researve the entire billiards room (with a bar, mounted TV's and optional $15 per person buffet) for an hour. The price for which is $250 per hour. This is all contingient upon interest (the number of people showing up for the meet). So I need your help. We need some firm commitments.

Now we also have the option of renting one of the tracks for an hour @ $1500-$1700 per hour, but I doubt we would have enough comittment to make that worth while.

Heres the important info. I have given both parties 2 dates. May 11th and May 18th. Now these open invitations are not set in stone so we need to get crackalatin'. Please post with comittments, questions, or suggestions. I am sure we could turn this into a great meet day!! I'm going to give us a deadline of Saturday the 4th of May. Hopefully we can have 25+ cars comitted! Heck that $10 to play pool and hang out with the greatest celebs in the world (Legend owners)!! And I'm sure the Acura dealership would cut us breaks on parts if we bum rushing in numbers.

Non New Englanders are of course welcomed! Check this out http://www.f1boston.com

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
just a thought.

you might have more luck planning it at a later date. we're all driving to carlisle the week before and i doubt people will want to make another road trip. also, we're probably gonna plan the next tri-state chapter meet some time around june or july. this might be a better time and we could probably combine the two meets. i'm up for a meet in boston.
we were looking into rhode island for the next meet but i'm sure we could change it to boston.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why Mid May, Why separate?

Its been quite a while since there has been a NE Meet. From surfing the boards, I've noticed that there is rarely MA representation in the NY and Atl Meets so I figured that we would stir some interest up here by having a separate one up here. That would be so sweet, a caravan of MA people heading South for the meets! I'm just trying to stir some interest, which is why I'm trying to accommodate schedules and come up with cool agendas.

I've been running into a lot of Legend guys up here that have never even heard of the board but are interested in joining an enthusiast community. There are a lot of car clubs up here but mostly Low riding four bangers and one SUV (Shop owners car). All of these clubs have one shop that sponsors them. Being owners of a car that has few generally available aftermarket parts, we don't get the recognition you NYC folk might since you have a few more resources than we do. case in point, Indiglo gauges. I've asked at least 6 shops in Bosstown about Guages for my L and they have all claimed that they don't exist. We both know that there are at least 3 types available for our cars.

Our Cars get no respect in the aftermarket shops up here (even less than NYC). That can be changed if we come at them in numbers.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sounds good here too......., but the problem is, there won't be 25+ cars. Unless people from all over New England are coming, and probably some from NY/Tri-State area also comes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spread the word in Boston!

If you see young guys with dolled Legends pull them over and tell them about it. They might be interested.

Hey, do you know the Vietnamese kid that owns the white sedan. I've seen it around Dorchester a lot. Its got a huge with, huge wheels and this kick ass rear window spoiler that extends the rear roofline! He's got a monster pipe and a faint yellow line going around the bottom. of the car. I think its kinda tacky but Original for sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agenda Update!

General Agenda. Date still not yet set.

Phase 1 = Meet at the Acura Dealership for Test drive and Parts.
Phase 2 = Chat and Chill @ F1 Lot and Billiards Room
Phase 3 = Caravan to Revere Beach strip for a little car show. This give the non Bostonians an oppurtunity to drive trough Downtown via 93 North and then we take the Tobin Bridge so they can see the new suspension bridge and the rest of the Big Dig ****. Sounds cool huh..!?
:cool:

·
Registered
733 Posts
How far is the drive from NY to Bean Town, I would be interested in coming, but only if it's on the 11th.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
3 hours from NYC.
i think we should push the date back to get more poepl to come. i know i wont be in the mood to drive right after carlisle.
how about sometime in june?
-j

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The second option (May 18th) is two weeks after the Carisle meet. That should be reasonable enough time don't you think. I mean, I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but you can't please all the people all the time. Anyway Aizn, I really hope you can make it, the more the merrier. :)

As a side note. I am organizing a new Boston based car club for non Intergra/RSX Acuras. The name of the club will be "The Acuras" and the goal is to share resources on our cars since we aren't represented very well in the aftermarket. For now, I've just thrown up a site on MSN http://communities.msn.com/theacuras I've already registered the domain name and I'm looking for a decent web designer. I've put a Flyer together and started collecting some of the better Acura sedan links at the site. This meeting should be a mostly legend meet with some TL's and RL's mixed in. My brother and I are going to be hitting up the hangouts this weekend giving the flyers to Acura owners we see maxin and relaxin...

Boston Guys, feel free to pass this on to you friends with Acuras. Here's the Flyer!! http://communities.msn.com/theacuras/Documents/The-Acuras-Flyer.doc

·
Registered
575 Posts
Unfortunately I have to work on May 18th. I tried to get out of it but we're short handed. Sorry fellas, I'm not going to be able to attend the meet this time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Update

I just got a call from my boss and she said that I could take off this coming Saturday and just work the following Saturday instead. So, I will be able to attend the meet :D .

Let me know where, when, time, etc.

See you guys soon!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Right on Sammy................., where do you want to meet???

It is on Route 1 in Norwood. Near that MB Quart place that we go last time, remember??? I think you need to take exit 9 on 95N, and follow Route 1 North. And the meeting place is going to be on your right. Because the Clair Acura is going to be on your left.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Your right Alex. We will be meeting at the Taco Bell Parking Lot across the street from the Acura Dealership on route 1 around 10am.

Has this time been confirmed?

Also, is there a rain date? It looks like it's going to rain on Saturday.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The time place and date are correct. 10am at the Taco Bell Parking Lot. It looks like we may not need to reserve billiards time so no $$ nececessary for the meet.

Too bad about the rain though. No Rain date set as yet. I'm open to suggestions. Sunday looks good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts