Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STEAL! 91 Legend L Coupe , 107000 miles runs PERFECT, just cosmetic wear and tear (inside and out). All for only $2500 USD, i took it straight to the body shop and decided to paint it "presidential paint" which is just more glossy black.

I was going to buy the clear side marker lights and front bumper lights, but where can i find a clear light for the small light at the rear of the car. near the rear bumper, towards the wheel? Do they make these?

Also, it had an Acura CD changer in it, and an A/D/S amp in the trunk. The lady ended up calling her son about the CD Changer / AMP and he said he paid 750 for the "cd changer and amp", but the f'n changer says acura on it, did these cd changers come stock? He said I could buy it for 500, (which i am considering cuz im lazy and dont feel like wiring another amp) but if the cd changer is stock, im paying 500 for an amp.. what youg uys think i should do? thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
The CD changer is factory if it say Acura on it, but it was an optional accessory. No Legend had CD-changers stock. So technically, he did have to buy the changer.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
But im sure hes not the original owner, chances of that are very unlikely, so it came with the car when he got it, so hes full of it unless he bought it new. and if he did, why is he selling it so cheap? anyway you can get an alpine one that will fit, there is always one for sale on here. and an amp, what for? to run the speakers, the L coupe has the factory amp in the head unit. so there is not really a need for an amp unless you are running subs. This would be double amplifying crappy bose speakers, not a good idea. This guy must be confused or something. :confused:

anyway, just tell him that if he wants 500 for bs like that when he is selling the car for 2500, he can keep the amp and changer, whats he gonna do with an acura legend cd changer? sell it on ebay for 40 bucks. i mean come on, this doesnt make sense. anyway, you should talk to him about it, cuz thats not tight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he moved to NYC, parents still in Jersey. They used his car sinced he moved, and now theyre upgrading to a BMW X5 , i work for them and jumped right in when my boss said he wanted to sell it. He thought book value was 2800 (russian guy, computer illiterate, looked up the listing at kbb.com for a *1990* legend). I mean the a/d/s amp is good but damn 500. I have a sub in a box in my current ride, gonna put it in the legend. How much does a decent amp go for nowadays?

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
how much power do you want? hehehehe. i got a almost new autotek 800 watt for 200. but its just what you want. You are almost robbing the poor *******, man, thats terrible. good luck, shix for that price, just pay his extra 5 just to be nice, he deserves a higher price than what you are paying anyway. crap.
peace
T

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Damm, you got that car at a steal. As far as what he wants to charge you, tell him to go f#$k himself and that the most you'll give him is $200 if that. Like they said, what is he gonna do with an Acura Cd changer if you dont sell it for $500? But welcome to the forums and enjoy yourself and where in Jersey are you located?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks =]

im in woodbridge, which is near perth amboy / rahway / edison. work over in clark near westfield / cranford.. mainly middlesex county is my playground =P

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're right, its not worth it.. im thinking ill unplug his amp but keep the wires running to the battery (**** yeah im cheap and lazy) and get my own amp. hes in Manhatten, so its not like hes coming to pick it up.. i have/had no interest in the cd changer, because im like hooked on the pioneer deh-p9300 series headunit. the a/d/s amp thatw as in the trunk is really powerful though, im thinking 1000watts, i havent checked but damn. but i saw a few kenwood 1000's on ebay for 200 - 300. so i might just go that route.. i appreciate your input guys.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
whats he gonna do with an acura legend cd changer? sell it on ebay for 40 bucks
Actually if you OEM Legend changers still fetch well over $100 on ebay. I've seen them go for $200 once.

Also even though he's the 2nd owner, he could have bought the changer and put it in like many of us do.

·
Registered
702 Posts
offer $200, and chances are he will take it so he does not have to go thru the hassle of removing everything...if it is a kid like you said, he should take that money and be fine...don't pay 500 tho.

·
Registered
476 Posts
CHECK DAT TITLE!

Make sure you run a title/VIN check... Carfax.com. I was talking to a "russian" couple for awhile about their Legend. Looked great inside and out, except a few details about the electronics were a bit strange... I had them talked down to $8,000 for a nice black/black coupe LS...

I came home and ran a VIN check, and it was NOT ONLY registered as having been a salvage title ONCE, but it was also listed as having flood dmg! No wonder the stereo made some really strange noises and the internal "key beeper" didnt work!

Seems that alot of "russian" people in my neightborhood are into buying auction cars, fixing just the body, then selling for "cheap." These cars can have tons of unknown problems! However, $2,500 = CRAZY low price, buy it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Shock, I was one step ahead of ya, I had Hurleysurf24 runa VIN/title check for me couple weeks ago, everything was perfect.

About the CD changer thing, I went to the bodyshop today and went through the trunk, turns out its a 6CD Alpine CD changer. So I think to be fair i'll pay them the 500 (on a payment plan cuz im broke). It'll save me some hassle.

I took some pics of my car at the shop today, I'll try to have them posted later, thanks again everyone

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Sounds like a good deal on your car.... I hope you enjoy it.:)

As for the CD changers, I sold one for $190US including shipping on EBAY. I had people begging me to sell it to them after the auction, offering more money than what it went for. A very hot item I must say....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bryan,

Sweet Deal Man! 2500! I'm trippin:eek:

From the pics, the car doesn't look bad at all. Thats just normal wear.

But yeah, good deal man, you got blessed!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Man! when I bought my 93 coupe w/ 75k for $10k, I hought I stole it... you have redefined the word my friend! Well done! It looks good. I wouldn't worry about the CD changer, if you keep it, you'll like it, and if you don't, you definately will enjoy not getting out of the car to swap CDs. Enjoy your car and get in on some of these group buys!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
that color is stunning!

good buy.

by the way, what was the model # of the a/d/s amp.

I may be interested if you can talk to the guy.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Even though an Acura CD changer is made by Alpine and is the exact same thing with 2 wires reversed and Acura logos on it, it does go for a premium price over the comparable Alpine CD changer. $100 it easy to get on ebay, and in fact it usually goes for $150-$200 range. Some people like to keep all OEM things to keep the OEM flow.

As for the ADS amp, it is a great amp. Unless that amp is in bad condition, I really don't know why anyone wouldn't keep an ADS amp. It is one of the top brands in the industry. Depending on exactly what model ADS amp it is, $500 is not totally unreasonable. I would only offer no more than $100 for the CD changer though if it is an Alpine version.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.