Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how many pints of brak fluid i'll need if i am going to bleed my brakes?

thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
If your brakes are ok, prob not more than one, but I'd buy two just in case. If your brakes are soft, two/three jic, if your replacing, prob still not over 3/but get 4 jic. Just my humble op. not from the book. You'll replace a lot less if you use the hose in the bottle method instead of the just squirt it every [email protected] place method...:D
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Bukowski=Legend said:
If your brakes are ok, prob not more than one, but I'd buy two just in case. If your brakes are soft, two/three jic, if your replacing, prob still not over 3/but get 4 jic. Just my humble op. not from the book. You'll replace a lot less if you use the hose in the bottle method instead of the just squirt it every [email protected] place method...:D
Good luck with it.
I'd rather just have it squirt everywhere. My brake fluid is NAAAAAAAAAASTY!!!!! It's all black n ish. fugly.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Buy a brake bleeder instead of pushing it using your brake master cylinder. I did that last time, and it damaged my brake master cylinder. Because the master cylinder might have gone to the place that it never been, and the rust caused the seal to break up, so I'm screwed. So now, if I bleed my car, I won't do the same mistakes. Or, if you don't want to buy that, at least put a block of wood or something under your brake pedal, so it didn't sunk in too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts