Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come my brake lamp light keepsm coming on?!?!?
I checked all my brake lights and there is no
reason whyit should be coming on!?!?! Any clues?!?!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know what you mean... My car just started doing that as well... I think it may be that I put an 1157 bulb in instead of a 2057... Does anyone know the difference between these bulbs ??

I'll tell you if I find out the problem !!

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's not the brake warning light... It's in the cluster of lights that indicate which door is open, trunk, etc... It says "Brake Lamp" at the rear of the picture...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Myb a old fuse needs to b removed? it might b a power of lightbulb. Call ur Acura dealership and ask. Find it on www.yellowpages.com or www.smartpages.com Hope that helps. Latin..........

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I was told this is caused by incorrrect one prong bulb, when it should be 2 prong in some of the sockets.

I have not personally had this problem. I have a weirder one...My Trunk is Open light (Red Light) comes on when the trunk is closed.. and when I open the trunk it says it's closed.. It's backwards!!

never figured this one out.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Legend"11 said:
How come my brake lamp light keepsm coming on?!?!?
I checked all my brake lights and there is no
reason whyit should be coming on!?!?! Any clues?!?!
If its a sedan, there are several bulbs in there.

I would suggest first replacing aLL of the 1157's.
In my sedan, I replaced one with a used bulb from my Accord, but it stayed on (dash light). I tried several mmore and concluded I would need to get some new ones. If you replace all 4 at the same time, it should go away (what I did in the sedan)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I went to my local dealer last night (PARKLANE ACURA in Kelowna) and asked the service manager about my brake lamp light... He said he knew what the problem was, pulled each bulb out and flicked them until he came to one that had a loose filament... He said it is a common problem that the filament breaks off at one end, but makes contact until it gets jiggled... That's why all my brake lights were working when the car wasn't moving !! He gave me a new bulb for free and told me to have a great day !!!

Parklane Acura's service has always been second to none... They even have the lowest shop rates in Kelowna !!!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Ask him why my Trunk Warning Light is Reversed.. LOL.. i'm gonna see how the switch on the hood engages today... sunny today

G

·
Dude that sounds really strange, almost like 2 wires are just reversed or maybe bad ground. I'm just completely guessing though.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts