Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was behind a Legend Coupe and noticed that it had the 3rd brake light mounted in the trunk lid right above the emblem/ACURA words instead of on the rear dash. Was this something about some Legends that I missed or did this person have this done custom? I really liked the look of it but wasn't sure if this was a factory thing.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
94LegendL said:
The other day I was behind a Legend Coupe and noticed that it had the 3rd brake light mounted in the trunk lid right above the emblem/ACURA words instead of on the rear dash. Was this something about some Legends that I missed or did this person have this done custom? I really liked the look of it but wasn't sure if this was a factory thing.
1994-1995 coupes had this.
1991-1993 coupes did not.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Re: brake light in trunk lid

jose3030 said:

1994-1995 coupes had this.
1991-1993 coupes did not.
This is correct, although my 93 Coupe will have it in a few weeks, just as soon as my body shop finishes painted my new trunk lid and spoiler :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
yeah, that was a nice feature about the last coupes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: brake light in trunk lid

ChrisK said:

This is correct, although my 93 Coupe will have it in a few weeks, just as soon as my body shop finishes painted my new trunk lid and spoiler :)
Are you changing trunk lids or just adding the light? I wonder what a sedan would look like w/ this feature.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
i don't know...i think it's more of a coupe thing. who knows though maybe it would look good, i just can't see it though.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Hey Jose Watup

vrb747 said:
Man I go the trunk mounted light on my 93 LS Coupe

I thought it was OEM

Heres a link to the pic

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=55404
It is OEM. Just that it came out on the 94-95 Coupes. The 91-93 had the 3rd brake light on the rear deck, and the trunk lid was flat. Notice how yours has a nice bow to it. Basically, it is a direct swap, so whomever you bought your Coupe from had already done the 94-95 coversion.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Yes !!!! Yessss!!!!

vrb747 said:
Cool ChrisK

BTW its now on my signature as one of the mods (although I didnt do it ):D :D
Show me a pic of your front end and I can tell you if you have a 94-95 front bumper conversion as well :)

Either that or you really have a 94-95 Legend and didn't know it :D You VIN # should have P near the middle of you have a 93. If you have a R or an S, you have a 94 or 95.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts