Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '91 needs front and rear brake pads. I usually buy Performance Friction for my other cars, but was told that they don't make anything for the legend (true?).
So, what is a good street performance pad that works but doesn't eat rotors or cost an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
4 Posts
AEM Brake Pads for Acura Legend

Thought you might want to save HUGE. My friend found this REALLY AWESOME website http://www.adventon.com

AEM HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for 86-95 ACURA LEGEND, EXCLUDE GS (REAR)
Price: $35.14 - Pair

AEM HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for 86-90 ACURA LEGEND ALL (FRONT)
Price: $38.43 - Pair

AEM HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for 91-95 ACURA LEGEND ALL (FRONT)
Price: $50.19 - Pair

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: AEM Brake Pads for Acura Legend

ghleo said:
Thought you might want to save HUGE. My friend found this REALLY AWESOME website http://www.adventon.com

AEM HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for 86-95 ACURA LEGEND, EXCLUDE GS (REAR)
Price: $35.14 - Pair

AEM HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for 86-90 ACURA LEGEND ALL (FRONT)
Price: $38.43 - Pair

AEM HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for 91-95 ACURA LEGEND ALL (FRONT)
Price: $50.19 - Pair
There is a problem with their listing.

The first line reads exclude the GS rear. This is not true. The G2 Legends 91-95 all use the same rear brake pads and rotors . It is the front pads and rotors for the 93-95 Coupes and 94-95 GS Sedan that are different.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i can say that green stuff pads work real good!! going from stock rotors and pads to brembo rotors and EBC pads, i must say they work extremely well!! no complaints at all and barely any dust...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Agree about the Green Stuff. I use two different combinations with the EBC pads. On my 95, I use them on the stock rotors. The performance is just a tad bit better than stock under normal light breaking, but as you break harder, they grap harder than stock. They need zero warm up time.

I also have the EBC pads on my 93 with Brembo drilled/slotted rotors, and this combinations in very much better than stock, or even the EBC on stock rotors. It is quite noticable that the break performance is better. I thought I would get more break dust with the drilled rotors, but so far both have very little dusting after a 2 week period when no washing inerval has been done.

·
Registered
847 Posts
tirerack.com carrys them, so does brakewarehouse.com . They are about the same price.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
G Rahn said:
I'm getting ready to install my Brembos and am having difficulty finding the greenstuff pads. The parts places around here have never even heard of them (no surprise, I guess). I've got the MetalMasters now, but want to give the EBCs a try. Anybody have info on where I can order them at a decent price?
Thanks. :cool:
Guy, I got mine from Tire Rack. Just a heads up about the rear pads for the Legend though. The rear EBC pad has a small peg that sticks out of the back of the EBC pad, so the metal shims will not fit properly. However, a siple drill hole in the right place will take care of that. Its really no big deal and it tool me all of 5 minutes to modify the rear shims. The fronts are perfect. Also, with the Brembo rotors, I was not able to use the double shim on the inner pads, as it made the pad rotor too thick and I couldn't get the caliper back on, I simply used 1 shim on the inner pads instead of the two shims, and I was just able to get the calpiers back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts