Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the auto parts store and bought some raybestos rear brake pads and buogh seperatly the raybestos shims.My question is the shims only came in a set of four for the rear pads. I saw on Legend tunner.com the diagram of the rear pad set up and it showed that the inner pads have two shims, the set I got only has one for the inner and one for the outer is this gonna be a problem. Please Help ASAP:D :D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Yes, while on my Legend as well there were 2 shims in the inner pads on both the front and rear, I couldn't use those extra shims when I put on my new rotors and new pads. No matter how much the caliper was compressed, it just couldn't clear the pad and rotor with that extra shim. Once I removed them, the caliper was able to just slip over the pad. I've been running like that for a while and have noticed no ill effects. However, I did upgrade to Brembo drilled/slotted rotors and EBC GreenStff pads, so the added performance is very noticable, and that might be masking any potential problems. But I don't think there is any problems in the first place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts