Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear Brake Pads are low, going to change them today, I have stock rotors, and I don't know what kind of brake pads in the front. The front look good still.

Anyways, is there a significant difference in AXXIS pads compared to regular pads? The AXXIS are $52 for the rear, the regular ones are $26. That's a pretty big difference, what makes the AXXIS so much better? Don't forget I'm putting these on the rear, not the front... should I spend the extra $$$?

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
i have stock rotors and axxis MM. you will feel the difference when you upgrade, but i have axxis on front and rear. so i don't know how big of a difference you'll feel with axxis just in the rears.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
hey bro jus some advice from my experience,

i replaced my rear brake pads with the CHEAP autozone brand $17 a pair brake pads, JUST the rears....................and i could feel a significant LOSS of braking power/bite.................so, just thinking about it, even whats in the rear does make a difference that u can feel k.......................

btw, i wud reccomend AEM brake pads.........i beleive they have the MOST braking power and the strongest bite.................more then Axxis, KVR, EBC, etc...................ask Leon

G

·
Is it normal for their to be more brake dust in the front than there is in the rear? Why is this? I'll look at my front wheels sometimes which will be covered in brake dust while at the same time my rears will have almost none :confused:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your front brake pads take on more stopping, they're the ones that wear down faster too. So, I believe it's natural to have more dust there.

I decided to get the AXIS for $55, but Kragen doesn't have them in stock, they gotta order them... wonder if pepboys has 'em in.. anyone know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts