Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here i am, driving along as usual, and i come to a light, go to hit the brakes, and it goes straight to the floor.... the brakes work a very little bit, but not enough to stop completely.. i had to put the e-brake up.

does anyone know what this is? i already feel it.. this is gonna be expensive....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Master cylinder. Relatively easy to replace. From my experience, buy a good quality, new replacement - NOT a rebuilt unit. BTW, my Legend is on it's third MC.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I'm going to be replacing mine this weekend- Mine hasn't gotten as bad as yours but its only a matter of time.
acura, even acura of Agusta, wants $216.00 for a new one.
a-hmotor.com wants around $170.00
I'm getting a new one from autozone for about $80- w/ a lifetime warranty.

Esti

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yup

It's the Master Cylinder. I'm on my fourth!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Here

Just to make sure we all know what we're talking about:

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
90LegendL said:
well under the front right wheel, theres a huge leak... it almost looks like something exploded under there... so this is the master cylinder?
OK, firstly and "oops!" I don't think that there are "wheel cylinders" on disk brake sytems. It's just the caliper. :)

If there is a leak at one of your wheels, check your brake line and your caliper. I'm not sure how prone calipers are to leaks, but your right front wheel should be the place to start your troubleshooting.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think I spent right under thirty for my line when this exactsame thing happened. Took me oner than a half hour, but only because the line nut connecting the line with the brake system was stuck. I just torched it for a second or two and it broke free. I wouldn't relace the caliper if you're looking to save money. Oh yeah, don't forget to bleed your brake lines after you're done. Iif you don't do your own work, expect to pay $80-100 at a place like Midas - $30 to 50 parts - $40 to 50 labor. I strongly suggest doing this yoruself, it's not hard at all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.