Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up.... i been having this little probably when it's raining or after a rain.. when i'm pull out of the parking lot of a raining day.. when i step on the brake.. it would shake and laud. like a earthquack.... i'm guessing the water's on the rotor or pads... after a few steps on the brakes. it go's away....

anyways. is this dangerous??. should i change my brake pads or something else needed??

· Registered
264 Posts
Hell yeah this is dangerous. Your beaking needs to be 110% working properly. If the rotors have been worn down they WILL BREAK. Imagine going 70 MPH and hit the beaks and your rotors break. (I suppose that is another way to test your air bag system.)

· Registered
77 Posts
For what it's worth, the brake shops will grind your rotors down if you insist. They typically give you a line that implies it's against the law, or against policy etc....

I've made them do it a couple of times on some beater cars that were way past proper thickness....

Wouldn't do this with a car you care about however.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.. i will get some new rotors.. and mind as well change the brake pads.. .. i just thought the water got on the rotor to make this type of stuff happend... thanks for clearing it up .. that it's DANGERIOUS!!! thanks a lot

p.s. i'll find another way to test my airbags..

· Registered
4,439 Posts
Uhh..its not really dangerous. OEM rotors warp easily. Just because the rotors warp does not mean they are going to break suddenly at highway speeds. Go get your brakes checked out, if you can get them resurfaced, do so, if they are below spec, replace them, or just replace them altogether. There is a good writeup on rotor/caliper replacement in the DIY section.

Also it is normal to have some shaking and some loud noises when first applying the brakes after they have been wet. This is the rust getting ground off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.