Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i was driving today and all of a sudden my brakes seem to have went out

they make really loud vibrating sounds, i know i have to get the front brake pads replaced....but the problem is that when I let go the brakes, there is still loud vibrating noises coming from the front
is it possible that the rotors are rubbing against the wheel even when the brakes are not pressed on?
80 bucks for brakes and 20 each for cutting rotors sounds good?
120 bucks im thinking unless something else broke loose or something

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
if that aint it, might as well get new rotors, my man.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rotors? how much would they cost....with everything, brakes and rotors im looking at $300 probably

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Jiggy89LS said:
rotors? how much would they cost....with everything, brakes and rotors im looking at $300 probably
umm, go to www.cyberauto.com

they have good deals on brembo/kvr rotors.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And if you want just plain stock rotors (I have not read the whole thread, you may have something non stock in there) you can get them from JCWhitney for $25.

·
Registered
6 Posts
brakes

I gotta throw this in...

I recently CRACKED both my rear rotors on my 91 sedan...

I was racing around on some back roads with a buddy who has a 5.0 mustang. We pulled a bunch of 130's to 0 and back and as we pulled into work I grabbed the emergency brake and slide it around into the parking lot. When I headed home that evening the brakes made this crazy noise!!

I tryed the emergency brake very slowly and the noise went insane....! I pulled one wheel off and couldn't believe it---three huge cracks in the rotor---and the pads chewed up like somebody hit'm with a chainsaw!! The other side was the same way but only two cracks.

I didn't know the emergency brake was a second set of drum pads that pushes out on the inside of the rotor. I guess I got it too hot then when I did my slide around the outward pressure caused the crack. My neighbor is a proffessor and took one to the college to use as an "technical example" my other neighbor geek'd out and took one to work also to see if they could test for hardness. They both think it is the result of a material failure and Acura should be warned---I'm convinced I did it my own self..!

The guy at Autozone was truely impressed.

Anyone else seen this? Car has 180K and rotors had never been turned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts