Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
on my 94 sedan the breaks seem to have to be pressed down almost to the floor uppon stopping. i just changed the master cylinder. it was a rebuilt one. I dont fell the breaks like they used to be all the way up. also my when my parking break is pulled up the car can still move.
any help is appreciated

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had the same problem with the pedal... good luck on the e-brake though.
The brakes turned out to be that I had a leak in my master cylindar reservoir so I had very little pressure. I could have the pedal floored and it would still creep forward. Fortunately for me I could still use my e-brake. I suggest you get that looked at soon or not only will you be replacing brake parts, but new headlights, hood, bumper... :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
for your e-brake, just take of the little piece of carpeting behind your console, (from the backseat, on the foor) tahts where you can adjust the brake from. i think with a vice grip, you can adjust (tighten) the brake wire, and make it tight so the e brake is good again. this happened to me where i would have to pull the brake all the way up for it to work, and would still slip a little. so play around with the bolt or screw thats under this carpeting, and you'll be able to tighten your e-brake again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts