Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm finally gettin my brembos installed tomorrow and was wondering what is the best way to break them in. I know, don't slam on the brakes, but be easy on them. But for how long?

Thanks in advance,
jerome

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Really? i heard 200 miles was fine?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I also got new pads from AXXIS, so no need to worry :D

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Hey, Leon....

Leon, why do you say that? I have OEM pads with my Brembos and have been very pleased with the feel and performance. Just curious....

·
Registered
616 Posts
yea, about 250 to 500 is fine.

wat do u people think of EBC brake pads????? i was going to get axxis but my shop told me to go with ebc.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: Hey, Leon....

stevieray said:
Leon, why do you say that? I have OEM pads with my Brembos and have been very pleased with the feel and performance. Just curious....
1 - to take advantage of the improved stopping power, with minmal wear on your rotors, it is suggested that you go for the Axxis, EBC, or AEM pads. The OEM pads offer more dust, noise and potential premature wear on your rotors. Come on Stevie, enjoy some minmal dust free driving, and save your Brembo's some life
2- uhhh, oh, I probably covered iit in #1...if not, I will get back to it.

Basically, it is like buying some 17" rims, and putting 185/65/17's on your Legend....don't half step...you'll regret it later

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
I hear ya, Leon. I had AXXIS MetalMasters on there when I first got the Brembos and had a real problem with them not being the same exact size as the OEM pads, particularly on the rear. The result was a loud "clunk" whenever I hit the brakes which drove me crazy. My tech pulled the AXXIS pads off, compared them to the OEM and found that they were fractionally smaller, which allowed them to move around and make the "clunk" noise. So rather than spend the time screwing with it, we just slapped the OEM ones in and went on about our business. Haven't had a problem since.

I am considering the EBC pads next go-round, though. What do you hear about them? Later----

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
stevieray said:
I hear ya, Leon. I had AXXIS MetalMasters on there when I first got the Brembos and had a real problem with them not being the same exact size as the OEM pads, particularly on the rear. The result was a loud "clunk" whenever I hit the brakes which drove me crazy. My tech pulled the AXXIS pads off, compared them to the OEM and found that they were fractionally smaller, which allowed them to move around and make the "clunk" noise. So rather than spend the time screwing with it, we just slapped the OEM ones in and went on about our business. Haven't had a problem since.

I am considering the EBC pads next go-round, though. What do you hear about them? Later----
I kinda noticed that about mines also. That at certain speeds, I hear a clunk noise from the rear and I know its from the brake pads and when I go to take a look at them and touch them, I noticed that they move alittle with no problem. I dont know why they do that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
as of I know, EBC greens offer the highest friction coeficient while it is one of the least abrasive pads on the market. It's a really soft pad and that's why it grips well and is not abrasive. However, the trade off is that these pads have shorter life compared to other pads that you see on the market, but I think you'd rather replace your pads more often than to replace the rotors and "enjoy" the break in period. :)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
claus44 said:
as of I know, EBC greens offer the highest friction coeficient while it is one of the least abrasive pads on the market. It's a really soft pad and that's why it grips well and is not abrasive. However, the trade off is that these pads have shorter life compared to other pads that you see on the market, but I think you'd rather replace your pads more often than to replace the rotors and "enjoy" the break in period. :)
I

DRIVE

HARD!

I

RACED (AUTOCROSS)

HARD!

No clunks, NO issues with Axxis pads (been on them 1 year TODaY!) MAnY high speed runs fron 120--0mph. NO fade! No clunk! Minimal dust! Nuff said

:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts