Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to replace my front rotors and i am going to be buying the cross drilled brembo rotors for the front only. My ? is, should i do all four or can i go with the front first and later on the rear? Also, where can i buy the S/S covered brake lines? Let me know, since i will be doing this the 4th of July weekend. Any one using S/S brake lines, did you feel an increase in performance?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
veloci said:
I am ready to replace my front rotors and i am going to be buying the cross drilled brembo rotors for the front only. My ? is, should i do all four or can i go with the front first and later on the rear? Also, where can i buy the S/S covered brake lines? Let me know, since i will be doing this the 4th of July weekend. Any one using S/S brake lines, did you feel an increase in performance?
I don't know about the lines, but are you planning on installing the rotors yourself? If so, than there really is nothing wrong with installing the new rotors in the front only for now, but if you are paying someone to do it, than I would do both at the same time.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
veloci said:
yes, i am going to do it myself. any hints on installation? any thing i should be awared of before i tackle this job? thank you.
For the rotors, make sure you don't strip those 2 little screws that holds the rotors to the hub. They will most likely to be rusted in the first place. The proper tool to use would be a impact driver. But if you don't have one, take this route. First soak the screws with some WD-40, the take a large philips screw driver (3 pt philips works the best), take a hammer and hammer the screw driving into the screw until it's secure. I wouldn't try to turn the screw driver by hand, cuz you will have no torque. Use a adjustable wrench and hold the handle of the screw driver, that way the screw driver and the wrench would be in a 'L' position. Use the wrench as your torque arm and turn the screw driver. Oh and make sure you turn it the correct direction.

Also for the front, you'll need a 14mm socket for the caliper bolts and 17mm socket for the caliper bracket bolts. For the rear, they're 12mm for the caliper bolts and 14mm for the bracktet bolts. The bracket bolts will be the toughest to remove, I suggest getting a breaker bar to do the job.

Good Luck

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
If you plan on showing off your Crossdrilled/slotted rotors thru aftermarket wheels, I would suggest u get both front and back. The OEM rotors look nasty if you ever have to look at them especially w/ them rusted sides. If your not going to show them off then having the front rotors is fine for most braking performance. If you DIY, then getting or renting a impact driver would be a sure thing to have to help remove the retainer screws. The legendtuner site instructions or an Helms manual should be all you need after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.