Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bulbs do our corners, bumpers, and taillights use? Also, my JDM corners have just one bulb socket instead of two, how do I make sure the bulb I am buying will stay lit constantly/blink? Or does that have something to do with the harness? B/c only one of the little OEM U.S. harness will screw onto the JDM Corner properly and I'm thinking it is the one that doesn't stay lit constantly...Could I just switch out the bulbs?...

Also, I want to buy some LED bulbs like this for my JDM Corners...Does anyone know if they refract in the clear corner, giving an ugly orange effect, that defeats the purpose of clear corners...

·
Registered
49 Posts
corners are 168/194..they are technically the same
Use a Polarg or PIAA superwhite bulb for the good effect you desire.

Bumpers use 1157
Tails use 1157 (lower half)
Parking lights in the tails is another number, but it is not a wedge bulb (i.e the 168/194)

The situation you are referring to with blinking is controlled by the wiring harness. For legality sake, you will need to put in a sidemarker to supplement the loss of a corner light that blinks - because you can be held liable if you get in an accident where the person claims "you didnt' signal and they didn't know" when in actuality you did, but she couldn't SEE it.

If you remove your corner lamp assy., you will notice two harnesses...the one aft of the headlight housing is the blinking harness. Don't use it, and place the other one in the socket.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The top portion of the tail light (parking light?) uses #67 bulbs.
Middle section (blinkers and reverse) uses 1156
Bottom section (brakes) uses 1157

Bumper lights in front use 1156
Corner iights in front use 194

G

·
So then are you supposed to put on sidemarkers and then make those the side turn signals.... how do you do this? Anyone want to make some instructions ;)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts