Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows how much dealer charge for bumper cover? just checking... my bumpers still look great except some normal scraches (still hurt my eyes, you know!!)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Are you talking about the lower front black plastic spoiler? Seems like I've seen a price tag of $120 for it before...may be wrong though...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No

I mean the both painted front bumper and back bumper...

:D :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
welovelegend said:
Anyone knows how much dealer charge for bumper cover? just checking... my bumpers still look great except some normal scraches (still hurt my eyes, you know!!)
Someone hit my back bumper just enough to make it bent a little bit on the top and make the paint crack - didn't do any damage to anything behind the bumper cover, so the repair shop just got me a new rear bumper cover and painted it...

Of course the repair shop can get it cheaper from the dealer than I could, but when I called the dealer they wanted around $420 for it. Can't remember how much the repair shop charged to remove the old one, paint the new one, and install it....

-James

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Re: No

welovelegend said:
I mean the both painted front bumper and back bumper...

:D :D
No new cover front or rear, including the OEM ones will come painted. You will need to have a shop paint it. The rear OEM cover cost more than the front cover. I don't recall exactly, but I believe the dealer cost for the rear is about $600, and the front is about $500. You can also buy aftermarket repacement covers (the ones some insurance companies use) for about $300. I wouldn't buy one of those unless I was just planing on fixing it and selling the car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

Thanks chrisk!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts