Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whatsup, im new to the forum =] .. i found a STEAL of a deal (from my boss who doesnt know any better) for his 91 legend coupe.. its that brownish grey color with tan leather interior, 106,000 miles, runs great.. needs paint and some body wor (dents, deep scratches).. best part is.. im getting it for $2500 USD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he doesnt know the value of it, and has a BMW X5 on order..

first thing im doing is getting a tuneup from my mechanic, then i need a good alarm, any recommendations? i live in new jersey and im not about to **** around and have my car stolen , my range is 250 - 400$ on the alarm.. any suggestions would be cool, thanks

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Congratulations on a great deal and as far as an alarm you can look at the DEI alarms but thats not gonna cut it just by itself. You'll need a few other things if you wanna at least give a theft a battle for your car like loud airhorns, hoodlocks, starter kill, and a few other things. As far as getting a tune-up you can contact PSA who is a great mechanic and knows everything about Legends since he owns one. He post on the forums so you can do a search on him and e-mail him.

·
Registered
368 Posts
go with a cliffard alarm, man those re the best tey will run oyou like 300 for the "better" model but here's some really cool features it offers;

if you leave your sunroof or windows open it has a sensor that can tell if someone sticks there hand inside, whe the sensor picks it up the alarm goes off

also, you can set the sensitivity level on it, ex. you could set it to where it will only go off if
1. something as hard as a 50mph softball pitch hitting it,
2. or something as sensitive as someones shirt bristling against.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.