Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently looking for a 91-95 legend. Is there anything that I should be aware of. My Ex girlfriend had a 90 legend and it had major oil burning probs. How are the trannies? I have heard that many have probs here too. Timming belt replacement? I was on another thread and I saw that you guys pay up to 1500 bucks! Thats rediculus to me. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Guy pretty much covered the major common things. Each owner may have a few indeopendent things go wrong, but that is the same with any car. Think if the Legend to be as reliable as a Honda Accord. The the same usualy Honda/Acura parts go bad like the brake master cylinder, the plastic radiators, door lock actuator (Yes, even on the accord). The rear trans monst seems to be Legend specific mostly though. Could be from the V6 torque as opposed to some other Honda/Acura cars. The only difference between maintaining a Legend ovef an Accord is the prices of parts and service are a little more expensive. By no means I'm I saying your getting a more expensive Accord, but simple that the Legend is just another Honda when it comes to maintenance.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The timing belt replacement cost is similar to other Asian autos in that it is the labor costs which increase the cost. Also, when you replace the timing belt you should replace the water pump and tensioner, again because of the labor involved in removing the crank pulley and covers.

The rotors typically become warped due to being over torqued by idiots at wheel shops not using torque wrenches.

The Vehicle Speed Sensor is also a common problem as well as the ABS Pressure Switch and the Master Switch for the power windows.

You can perform many of the repairs if you possess some experience in auto repair and you have the HELM Service manual.

The Legend, overall, has not been as problem free as one would expect from Honda. You might consider Lexus as an alternative. I have experienced less repairs with my Maxima (similar age and mileage) and this certainly has surprised me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.