Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved the Legend a year ago for the idea of it being my first car I actually own (I drive an expedition, but is owned by my dad) I'm almost 17.

I was set on a 1995 740i or a 1996 Range Rover also...
After actually studying, the BMWs would be much too expensive in repairs, and there would be too many repairs. I will save my fancy cars till when I'm older haha

After having a mindset of paying 15,000 for these other cars I've been looking at... dropping down to around 8,000 will be much more reasonable.. I don't know what I was thinking before.

Now I'm gonna research legends for a while... is there any serious problems that go wrong with the 91-95 Legend? The big thing for the BMW was the Nikisil engine problem. Are your legends reliable?

I love the front of the Legends... they are beautiful... but some look skimpy to me, and others I see look bold and big. I'm not talking about a coupe compared to sedans... but for sedans some don't look as bold as others... do you know what I'm talking about? What is the difference in the types of second gen. legends?
Is there a big difference between L , LS GS etc? What is the best type of Legend? What should I try to avoid or look out for?

I will get a Black Sedan- plenty of upgrades.
Black or tan leather? I'm having trouble deciding.

Please break me in with some important **** I should know...

Thanks- Appreciate it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't had any problems at all with my 92 coupe and I've had it a year now. In regaurds to your question about some looking bolder than others, I think what you are talking about is either the moldings being painted or not painted. When all the moldings are painted to match the color, legends look 10 times better, when they are just black it doesn't look nearly as good or aggressive. If I were you, I would try to get a 6 speed though, they are rediculous and extremely rare.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i think you would love a 94-95 gs sedan (top of the line .sedan) .. black on black leather (these come in6speeds if you didnt know)
top of the line coupe is a 94-95 ls coupe (6 speed if you like it)

but it is going to take some time to find a decent gs sedan in pretty good condition. dont rush into it, finding a great legend is not so much a difficult ask, but is more of a waiting and searching game.

As for problems there arent really any significant ones.. off the top of my head i can tell you that the 90k tune up is a big hole in the pocket if you are on a tight budget (some people have said they had it done for 800 and some all the way up to 2200) the winow lock actuator usually goes on the ... the transmission is something that just about eerybody has, it will jump from first to second(not realy rough, but just enough to let you know that the jump is there)

anymore questions, fel free to ask anybody we're all here to help

hope this helped you, good luck with your legend hunt

·
Registered
368 Posts
yea yea i know the whole 93-95 but i think the brake light on the trunnk definantly makes the difference :D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Hurleysurf24 said:
yea yea i know the whole 93-95 but i think the brake light on the trunnk definantly makes the difference :D
My 93 Coupe 6-Speed has the same 94-95 trunk lid with LED brake light built into the trunk :) In fact, I also have the same front bumper cover and painted lower side trim as the 94-95 LS Coupes. From outside the car, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
very nice man ... i just went to tower shops last night (just a place where theres a car show every friday night) and i an into a kid with a 95 ls coupe automatic but he did a 6 speed conversion, he told me that it only cost him 400. could be a pretty nie investment for all those legend owners:cool:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Carson

In order to gain a full perspective of the Legend, you need to conduct a Search. The vehicle is not as repair-free as one would expect with a Honda product; especially a top of the line Honda product. There have been many reports of headgasket failure, radiator top tank failure, vehicle speed sensor failure, ABS problems, and pwr door lock actuator failure just to name a few of the "common" problems.

Unless you possess some level of automotive repair skill the BMW should not be considered. It does require more preventative maintenance, but that is the nature of the beast. The engine problem with the earlier 530/540 is not a problem with the 97+

You might consider a Lexus product if you are seeking less repairs. On the other hand, now knowing the major "common" problems of the Legend, you may decide to purchase a Legend.

I have owned my 92 LS Cpe since 94. I perform most of my own repairs. If I didn't, I would have already traded the vehicle as the "minor" repair costs would be excessive.

One final observation: I prefer to drive my Legend than my 95 BMW 540.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Carson, you and i seem to have the same taste in cars. the 740iL and Range Rover were some of vehicular interest but by far the Legend is the best buy. the common problems seem rather minor especially if you possess some Do-It-Yourself ability.

Have fun and Please what ever you do, BUY A GS 6 speed

94-95 sedan redesigned front bumper aka "Bubble Lip".
the Bold and Beautiful bumper, relative to the 91-93 front bumper "small mouth".

examples:- (curtesy of The Legend Temple)

SMALL MOUTH

Bubble Lip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow that black one is beautiful... I saw one GS 1995 with around 70,000 miles at 11,000 ... that sounds pretty good

So the Sedan Gs is automatic? Because I can't drive a stick!

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Carson said:
Wow that black one is beautiful... I saw one GS 1995 with around 70,000 miles at 11,000 ... that sounds pretty good

So the Sedan Gs is automatic? Because I can't drive a stick!
The GS comes in both 4-speed auto and 6-speed manual. Most of them out there are automatics. The 6-speed GS is rare.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Black wBlack Leather GS For sale

I know of a Black GS Sedan with Black leather for sale in CT. The guy selling it is a local dealer that only sells Acuras and Hondas. He owns the business himself, he is a certified Acura/Honda mechanic and he gives out a warranty with all that he sells. I have seen and driven the car, its sweet! Let me know if I can help you anymore

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sent you an email, hope it goes through...

if not Instant message me at car6 9son

I am interested

How it runs and mileage are most important- give me details and I could make offer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.