Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i saw a 95 accord today with a c27a4 in it. it looked almost exactly the same as the c27a except for a plastic cover over the intake manifold
im wondering if the mounts and trans would line up, at a glance they sure look like they do. the c27a4 seems to be the same thing as a jdm c27a
it sure would be nice to have a newer and more reliable engine

ive seen otheres swap a c27a trans to a c27a4 due to the fact it didnt have a 5 speed availible for it and it took alot of modification. but will the c27a auto work with it? or could you use the c27a4 engine and trans and have a direct fit.

anyone know for sure what it would take to swap this into a g1?

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone know if any parts will direct fit? like heads, block, exhaust manifolds (headers)

· Registered
821 Posts
pretty sure the fuel rails and a lot of other parts are compatible
I believe the block is the same, heads and the whole upper engine (distro, TB etc) are all updated but would probably go over with some work.
I don't think you'd have a lot of problems putting one in BUT I'd try to find a broken a4 and use some of the newer parts to rebuild the original legend block.
read these threads
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27318&highlight=c27a4
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50555&highlight=c27a4
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5012&highlight=accord

· Registered
150 Posts
the automatic tranny is similar, but not the "same"
the 1995 V6 accord is equipped with grade logic - to allow smoother shifting up and down hills - it's eletronically controlled and weighs around 250 lbs
the final gear does not have an eletronic cutoff - no limiter on the vehicle
it's OBDII ( one of a few cars built in 1995 )
the 5th gen accord V6 tranny is larger in width then the legend tranny
the mounts "may" work however the engine bay of the accord is not the same as the 4 door legend or coupe ...

with the installation of the 5 speed legend tranny on MY C27A4 the engine needed to be tilted to make room for the linkage clearance - it was tilted from front to rear or aiming the front of the engine up about 15 degrees

if u have any questions about this, let me know only two people have made their accords v6 manual and one of them

the C27 engine in the accord V6 does have different plumbing - PGMFI - not vaccum - it's an economical 24 valve V6 - the engine internals will ALL BOLT INTO the legend C27, the engine mounts "may" work as well except the rear mount - we had a cross member under the engine bay - the legend does not have that configuration

a C27 engine bay of the car I stripped tranny and engine from ( I sold the engine for parts afterwards )

my engine bay - back in 2002

so now u guys have a clear image of the differences

:)

the first shifter I chose :) OEM BABY

my ride :)

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
Man thats one nice damn Accord you've got going on there! Long respect for the 5 speed swap too! You should post up some Vids of that car sometime in the Vid Section! :D

Question: What the Alternator from the Accord V6 rated at Amps-wise??

· Registered
2,038 Posts
only cut off we have is the rev limiter which is at 6800rpms......
are version of "grade logic" is the s mode.
to be honest when useing d mode while going up a hill it never hunted for gears...hmm.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
I think the best bet would be to swap all the A4 heads, IM, Exhaust manifold and everthing else to the A1 block and tranny. Then you could rewire the car for OBD1 or 2 if you wanted and this would open up much more possibilites for tuning and there would be no stupid EGR or Vacume system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.