Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JDM Engine

Does anyone know where i can get a JDM engine for my 1994 Legend LS Coupe. Thanks:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
C32 engine (JDM)

Hi, anyone know about C32 engine. Does it fit on 93 L model (what modification needs?) or only fit for typy II legend.
Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
JDM motors will swap right into our USDM cars with no problem. You can swap Type-I and Type-II all day long without any problems either. JDM never had a Type-II motor, but they come stock with around 220-225hp.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Pacific Engine Importers in Atlanta is a bit closer to VA...got a tranny from them...really good pricing and warranty...shipped to Detroit for only 75 bux too....they had several engines and trannies last year....don't have the phone number, but you should be able to call info

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I talked to a friend of mine here who works for a company in sales selling used and new engines for all makes of cars. He is going to let me know tomorrow if he can start hooking up engines for the forum members. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know if your friend can hook up members to the forum

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Is there even any performance gains from going to a JDM engine anyway? I mean, Type I or II engines arent they pretty much the same? I've seen lots of auctions and stuff for JDM engines, but nobody will say what the difference is, no specs or anything. I'd like to know what the difference is myself if I were the one buying.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JDM ENGINE

The JDM engine is pushin like 290HP and 270 lbs. of Tourque from what ive been able to find....But i dont know how accurate this is

·
Lara's Legend
1,534 Posts
Re: JDM ENGINE

legendman94 said:
The JDM engine is pushin like 290HP and 270 lbs. of Tourque from what ive been able to find....But i dont know how accurate this is
If that is the case my current engine type 1 is running in perfect condition which i would gladly get rid of to get a JDM engine that has more power! But what other mods do 1 must make with the computer conrtolled car?

My 1983 turbo diesel 300CD Benz is modified which is easy! But legends with computers scare the hell outta me ! thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not sure what other mods you need to do but i am pretty sure that the specs i gave are correct.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: JDM ENGINE

legendman94 said:
please reveal your sources...I want to see proof of that
if its true, awesome...but as far as I know, there is one engine, and its 210hp - 220hp

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
290?
i might forget about all the mods and just do a jdm engine swap. if they are that different, i highly doubt it'll pass emmisions. any werd on that?
-j

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
This is what my buddy sent to me today. I will try and see if he can get the JDM engines.

I have come up with three diffenet engines for a 91-95 Acura Legend.

1)93-95 SOHC 24 Valve. Legend GS, Coupe, w/ oil cooler, cam sensor has male connector, water pump has two outlets

2)93-95 SOHC 24 Valve. Legend Sedan, w/ oil cooler, cam sensor has male connector, water pump has one outlet

3)91-92 SOHC 24 Valve. Legend. w/ oil cooler, cam sensor has female connector, water pump has two out lets.

The suggested retail price for each of these engines is $4475.00USD +$650.00USD Core Charge + Freight. I can do them for about $3500.00USD + $500.00USD Core Charge + Freight.

These engines are Remanufactured long blocks. This means the OEM Block and Heads have been machined. Then they install a new cam, pistons, rods, bearings, rings etc... Every thing else (valve covers, oilpan, intake, exhaust manifold...) can be swapped off the old engine.

RJ Performance TOLL FREE 877-933-3644.
email [email protected]

His name is Kevon and tell him that Cole sent you.......

·
Registered
414 Posts
Re: Re: JDM ENGINE

Leon Millette said:

please reveal your sources...I want to see proof of that
if its true, awesome...but as far as I know, there is one engine, and its 210hp - 220hp
Thats what I've heard as well, which is still short of what my Type II puts out. So whats so special about a JDM engine with less power?

McKenzie...

Those engines you listed are all US Spec right? Any word on if they can drop in a more aggressive cam in the engine? :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: JDM ENGINE

Mtnduey said:

Thats what I've heard as well, which is still short of what my Type II puts out. So whats so special about a JDM engine with less power?

McKenzie...

Those engines you listed are all US Spec right? Any word on if they can drop in a more aggressive cam in the engine? :)
Yes US spec.... I am sure if you had a more aggressive cam profile machined at a machine shop, you could send it to them and get it installed. Maybe they do the rebuild after it is sold and you would have the opportunity to do something performance wise to it....

One thing that I noticed about the prices is that the type 1 and type 2 are the same... weird...

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have to remember they run ~97 octane gasoline over there too. That is what that engine is going to want.

·
Registered
868 Posts
if a JDM legend can push 290hp and 270ft tq. that must be a nsx engine then. nsx engine code is C30. legend is C32. could be. i don't know for sure. but i always think of swaping a nsx engine into a legend

1 - 20 of 43 Posts