Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over by a cop while driving my freinds car for not having my seat belt on.
Is that a moving violation?? do I get points on my license??
Also, I got a ticket for not having MY vehicle inusrance card on me.
Do I need to carry the insurance card with me at all times??

Thanks~~

·
Registered
702 Posts
i don't know about cali but in many states you do need to have your insurance card at all times when you are driving...and i know in DC there is a new law where it is a $50 ticket and two points on your driving record if you are stopped for driving without a seatbelt.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
SHR XTC said:
I got pulled over by a cop while driving my freinds car for not having my seat belt on.
Is that a moving violation?? do I get points on my license??
Also, I got a ticket for not having MY vehicle inusrance card on me.
Do I need to carry the insurance card with me at all times??

Thanks~~
1) If you are cited for not having proof of insurance in your possession - and you have insurance at the time of the citation - showing written proof to the court clerk can result in dismissal of the fine after paying an administrative fee of $10. The clerk will not dismiss the citation if you purchase insurance after the fact.

2) California Vehicle Code § 27315 - seltbelt violationis just an infraction and not a moving violation. "The operator of a private motor vehicle is responsible for the use of
seat belts by him/herself and all passengers 4 years of age or over
[CVC 27315(d)]; in addition, passengers 16 years of age or over are
responsible for their own seat belt use [CVC 27315(e)]. The fine for
not wearing a seat belt is $20 for the first offense and $50 thereafter
[CVC 27315(h)]."

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: Re: CA Seat Belt Law

g2girl said:

1) If you are cited for not having proof of insurance in your possession - and you have insurance at the time of the citation - showing written proof to the court clerk can result in dismissal of the fine after paying an administrative fee of $10. The clerk will not dismiss the citation if you purchase insurance after the fact.

2) California Vehicle Code § 27315 - seltbelt violationis just an infraction and not a moving violation. "The operator of a private motor vehicle is responsible for the use of
seat belts by him/herself and all passengers 4 years of age or over
[CVC 27315(d)]; in addition, passengers 16 years of age or over are
responsible for their own seat belt use [CVC 27315(e)]. The fine for
not wearing a seat belt is $20 for the first offense and $50 thereafter
[CVC 27315(h)]."
Wait a minute, there has to be a reason you remember vehicle code numbers... are you... nevermind. If you know someone that can get me out of a ticket, just remember what my car looks like :) if you see me pulled over somewhere in town.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just used the triple A site to locate codes....:D

And a quick over view in the unlikely :p case you do get a ticket.
The best thing to do is to get a court date that is at the end of the month....then you should look up the statute in the VC section. Remember that speeding tickets do not require that there be intent to speed. The law is that if you are caught speeding, that's it...
There are exceptions though. If you can show that violating the code is safer than adhering to it, then you are in the clear.

My friend is an aerospace engineer and busts out these very complex mathematical formulas in court regarding pacing and radar guns to show their inaccuracy then hands it over to the cop to show that the formula doesn' t work. Needless to say, he has gotten out of every single ticket.

The best thing you can do is go to the mechanic and get a statement saying that your speedo is off..

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
g2girl said:
My friend is an aerospace engineer and busts out these very complex mathematical formulas in court regarding pacing and radar guns to show their inaccuracy then hands it over to the cop to show that the formula doesn' t work. Needless to say, he has gotten out of every single ticket.
Hmm... I knew that I should have studied harder. :( :p :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks~~

Thanks all the info!!!
Sorry I couldn't respond quicker, had to upgrade my computer.
The members on the Forum are GREAT!!!!
THANKS~~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.