Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got a CAI put in my car, and I feel an awesome difference, after a while of that thought i got worried about sucking in water durin a storm...I have the inlet where the OEM fogs go, so air enters from the front of the car, should i be worried about ingesting water? thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
there shouldn't be a problem.

unless u'r car is under water for a while and the filter is completely submerged, you will not have a problem. after about 3 months take u'r CAI apart and look inside the pipe. you'll see that the pipe in u'r engin bay is clean. the water will not go up to the engine bay. if u'r really worried about it, but the AEM bypass valve.

-j

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the same set up and live in humboldt county where it rains 60-80 inches a year. I went home during one of the biggest rain storms of the year and left the intake uncovered. I checked it a few days later and there was no water in the top end of the intake so now I don't worry about it.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Would water go in if you go through a car wash?? Hey infinite which Bypass valve are you talking about and how much does it cost??

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Triton3K said:
Would water go in if you go through a car wash?? Hey infinite which Bypass valve are you talking about and how much does it cost??
AEM bypass valve. It is not too much. Check out autocarparts.com

Just do a search under Manufacturer and go to AEM then go to intakes under the category and then do all subcategories and you should find it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i installed the AEM bypass valve on my CAI. just thought i'd better be safe than sorry. it's about 40 bux if you can spare the change. i saw a demo of it at a show and i got hooked.

·
Registered
251 Posts
im planning on buy one of rangerjoes intakes from imran, anyone know how to install the bypass on one of those bad boys? he said something about cutting it in half but that would make me sad.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
GreekPower said:
Personally I don't think a bypass valve works at all. I mean on legends all you need to do is keep your foglight cover on and you won't get water.

Now with other cars just make sure the intake is sucking from the outside of the body make sure something blocks it so water doesn't go in it.
as ive said before, bypass is pretty much worthless UNLESS you plan on driving the filter under water. other than that the bypass valve wont open under normal conditions so it really doesnt serve a purpose. look at the video of the nsx with the bypass valve installed. it worked but that's with the whole entire filter under water.

as far as the fog light cover, i take mine off on sunny days and put it back on when it starts to rain

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
do a search online or hit the AEM website, i think it's aem but cant say for sure, they tested it on an acura nsx, again if you watch the video clip you'll notice that they have the entire filter underwater, thats the only way that the bypass will even open up...so again...worthless imo, unless u drive in flooded areas a lot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts