Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i have it right this time......

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'll have to get some propper ones they are the rubber ones i had about.

the amount of extra torque in the mid range is very noted.........:)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nice work

i know im :horse: but how do you guys not worry about water?

Id love to go CAI but Im always terrified about sucking up water just before i almost take on the project, i live in an area that floods when you spill a glass of water outside.

how much of a risk is running it down like that?

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
well i did it to mine u can see it on the gallery but it gets a little wet from the fog light cover hole i was thinking of something that would cover it when you hit a big puddle like a heat shield but its not for the heat

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
Hey i got a way how to protect it from rain getting on it. A plastic piece cover where the fog light hole is at and drill some holes and Bam a way to protect away from water

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for the time being it's behind the orignal bumper (glad i kept it) while the GRP one is off being fix'd after a car reversed in to me in a parking lot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's a pipercross C7005V

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just thought I'd throw in that the AEM bypass valve does in fact work because one day while i was at work it started raining hella crazy and by the time it was 430 and i could go home the streets were FLOODED like at least 8 inches and had to drive my legend through it and I know I took a huge risk but then why the hell did I buy the bypass valve?? and I have my CAI exactly where its shown in the pic.. and i also didnt have the splash shield on..

·
Registered
383 Posts
hey im a noob and just wondering what is a bypass valve that you guys are talking about can can i get the lengths of those tubings you got for the intake because im trying to put one in my legend and no one around sells a kit or any tubings like the stock one.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
The bypass valve they are talking about is a special filter that keeps water from entering the motor:

·
Registered
383 Posts
thanks L4zy and where can i get one of these , one more thing could you tell me what lengths for the intake piping and what kind of filter i need to get for a CAI :D my legends not that great but i really want to fix it up and have it run nice

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
This is what I got under my hood:

Its a Weapon-R secret intake. My filter is pretty much right in front of the blower fan. There are people here that has done custom pipping like jago. I would get an K&N filter cause its made of paper and it can catch dirt pretty easily than foam filters.

Here is another member Mikeo:

I think he got his from Autozone. Look up ebay for intakes. They sell a lot of them there. For the bypass valve, you can get them at your auto parts store or performance, but I don't have one as I'm still working on my engine bay.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts