1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,324 Posts
Yeah, NJ just put that law into effect on 3/1 for us.

You seem to be getting off alot easier tho with a $20 fine for first offense and gradually increasing. Our fines are a flat $100...

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This bothers me as well...

Q: What are the fines if I'm convicted?
A: The base fine for the FIRST offense is $20 and $50 for subsequent convictions. According to the Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedule, with the addition of penalty assessments, a first offense is $76 and a second offense is $190.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
speakerphone is still ok, i don't know about any of you but my speakerphone mode is pretty weak. i'd have to hold the phone atleast chest high to hear it. with windows up and music all the way down.

i don't mind the law. they won't get me. i hate talking on the phone. and i love driving. why would i mix the two? plus i didn't put a system in my car just to turn it down and chat with people on my cell phone.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If they never invented automatic transmissions, this would be a much less prevalent problem. Swap to a manual transmission; it'll be cheaper in the long run! =)

·
Registered
619 Posts
*bump*

it says "wireless telephones" so if i bust out an old car phone, im cool? yay for loopholes :)
too bad those don't even work anymore. the networks for those things are long gone... i think

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
^my bro has some, i think you can change something inside, and get free something out of them.

either that, or he was BS'sing me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
^my bro has some, i think you can change something inside, and get free something out of them.

either that, or he was BS'sing me.
i mean, i'm pretty sure that you can dial 911 from them, but that is it. the network that those ran on was very primitive. ever seen the guts that are in the trunk for a legend car phone? it's this giant ass transmitter. my dad could tell you more about it. that's what he does for a living.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
NYC has had this rule for a couple years no...worse is the fine schedule (tier structure). I think first time is $115, second time doubles, third triples with POSSIBILITY OF JAIL TIME!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts