Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since when was driving in the carpool lane and going 80-85mph illegal???

The CHP said its 65mph limit. Bull $41T i tell yah!!! i was going down the 10fwy towards sanbarnardino from montclair.

Hez full of it.! first he told me i was doing 92mph then he said hez going to write me up for 85mph..

THere wasn't even any traffic. its more like i'm flowing with traffic rather than slowing it down. or tail gating sum1 ohh my gosh!! so frustrated! :mad:

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but come on!! even the 2nd lane to the car pool is doing 75-80 oh my gosh... its called the fast lane for a reason!!! :vomit:

i dunno! i'm gonna fight it!

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Doesn't matter. You said that the other lane was going 75 - 80. You also said that he had you at 92, but was going to write you up at 85. Either way, you were moving at a speed higher than that of the cars around you. Sorry to say, but I don't think that you have much to stand on in court if you choose to fight it. No harm trying, I guess.

·
Registered
507 Posts
so how fast was you actually driving? my guess is that either you was the first or the last car in the group to be spotted...
and yea, if you were the only one and the cop was bored for the whole day... :(
anyway, sorry about what happened, bro. It was just a random pick maybe. highest freeway speeds in this forum are all 3 digits, and not everyone got busted.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That's how most cops write a ticket to any speeders. If there are more traffic that also speeding, usually cops don't bother pulling any car. But if you are alone and speeding, you'll be pulled over. My brother got pulled over driving 52mph on a 45mph just because he's alone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
hotfart said:
man, you should of asked to see the radar gun. if he doesn't show it to you. you automaticlly win the case.
Technically NO, If the case was sent to court, all the cop has to do is to show up and you lose most of the time, they have a camera on you.

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
blitz said:
Technically NO, If the case was sent to court, all the cop has to do is to show up and you lose most of the time, they have a camera on you.
yea, many cops are trained to visually determine vehicle speed with accuracies of like within 5mph...if that cop was trained, and he even shows up to tell the judge what he saw, his testimony is totally valid, and doesnt even need to produce the findings from a radar gun

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
phan_nam420 said:
Yeah, but come on!! even the 2nd lane to the car pool is doing 75-80 oh my gosh... its called the fast lane for a reason!!! :vomit:

i dunno! i'm gonna fight it!
You'll lose. If you were in the carpool lane by yourself during rush hour, that's even worse. Try not to stick out like a sore thumb by doing stupid $hit and you might manage to avoid getting tickets.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
there is a way to win.

cops can't be trained to make a quess on how fast u were going :mad: An Ford F350 is going to look like it is going way the hell slower than our car just because of how big it is!! Like a train...............

Anyways all you have to do is go to the station he is from and ask to see his physical fitness test and the the calibration sheets on his radar. Also, sometimes they wont even bother locking the gun on you and make the whole thing up.....I hate police discretion!!!!-->just look at the bottom of my sig! :giggle: :giggle:

That is the only way you have a chance....a chance.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
You're very lucky that he wrote you up for 85 instead of 92. In the state of CA (don't know about other states), if you're caught doing 25+ over the posted limit, that's an automatic reckless driving ticket. Most cops will lower it a bit to avoid this unless the driver is being a dick or actually being completely reckless. I really don't think you have much of a shot in court unless the cop doesn't show. Consider this your second chance.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
swift said:
cops can't be trained to make a quess on how fast u were going :mad: An Ford F350 is going to look like it is going way the hell slower than our car just because of how big it is!! Like a train...............

Anyways all you have to do is go to the station he is from and ask to see his physical fitness test and the the calibration sheets on his radar. Also, sometimes they wont even bother locking the gun on you and make the whole thing up.....I hate police discretion!!!!-->just look at the bottom of my sig! :giggle: :giggle:

That is the only way you have a chance....a chance.
Actually they can. There is a certification class that they take BEFORE they even get radar certified. so even a new guy can write you a ticket. now, its only a +/- 5 mph acuracy, but it is still legal.

and if you ask to see the gun, they have to show you, but 99% of they time they will just say, oh, i didnt lock it in right, so it didnt save, sorry. And even if the gun shows nothing, they can still give you the ticket, and it will still stand in court, because it becomes your word against an officer of the law. you loose.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Train said:
You're very lucky that he wrote you up for 85 instead of 92. In the state of CA (don't know about other states), if you're caught doing 25+ over the posted limit, that's an automatic reckless driving ticket. Most cops will lower it a bit to avoid this unless the driver is being a dick or actually being completely reckless. I really don't think you have much of a shot in court unless the cop doesn't show. Consider this your second chance.
That's not true (22103 reckless). It can be a speed ticket for a two point infraction (22348(b)). Reckless is subjective inthe eyes of the officer.

And yes cops can be trained on visual estimation of speed. Once they do that- they can radar, lidar, or pace you. In any event, they need to show calibration for the intruments used to gauge speed. Generally, a lidar or radar needs to accompany a speed survery of the road- this needs to be recent (within the last 3 years unless there is a an extension).

And just because he doesnt show you his radar doesnt mean an automatic dismissal. Where do people get this stuff? Radar is just a reference point for the officer to gauge how fast the car is going not a way to keep a record to show the "citee" - if that were the case, there would be a better way to preserve the evidence for trial.

Anywho, here it goes AGAIN. If you really want to fight it, which I think it not worth it...do this:

Go to the issuing agency and request all records of discipline and complaints for the officer. This process is called discovery. If they do not provide you with discovery before your trial date, you can move to dismiss the case. If you plan to do this, in any case, DO NOT WAIVE time. All the records do is destroy the credibility of officer.

Oh and if the officer does not mention county and city and "marked patrol car and full uniform" in his case in chief- move to dimiss for failure to state a prima facie case. You can win on technicalities hoping the cop will F&*(K up.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
g2girl said:
That's not true (22103 reckless). It can be a speed ticket for a two point infraction (22348(b)). Reckless is subjective inthe eyes of the officer.

And yes cops can be trained on visual estimation of speed. Once they do that- they can radar, lidar, or pace you. In any event, they need to show calibration for the intruments used to gauge speed. Generally, a lidar or radar needs to accompany a speed survery of the road- this needs to be recent (within the last 3 years unless there is a an extension).

And just because he doesnt show you his radar doesnt mean an automatic dismissal. Where do people get this stuff? Radar is just a reference point for the officer to gauge how fast the car is going not a way to keep a record to show the "citee" - if that were the case, there would be a better way to preserve the evidence for trial.

Anywho, here it goes AGAIN. If you really want to fight it, which I think it not worth it...do this:

Go to the issuing agency and request all records of discipline and complaints for the officer. This process is called discovery. If they do not provide you with discovery before your trial date, you can move to dismiss the case. If you plan to do this, in any case, DO NOT WAIVE time. All the records do is destroy the credibility of officer.

Oh and if the officer does not mention county and city and "marked patrol car and full uniform" in his case in chief- move to dimiss for failure to state a prima facie case. You can win on technicalities hoping the cop will F&*(K up.

Good luck.
i LOVE when you do that :bowdown:

im tempted to just make up some fake legal trouble that im in, just to see you make some super informative legal post :D :giggle:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.