Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after keeping the beast almost stock for nearly 2 years i'm thinking to begin to make some modifications. I love the ride of the Legend and don't wanna sacrifice it with too much noise. Just curious as to how loud the exhaust is during everyday driving, say shifting around 3k-3.5k rpms. Also if i'm cruising down 40 doing say 80, sitting right below 3k how loud will it be. I still want to be able to cruise with my windows up and not worry about the exhaust rattling my brain for hours on end.
Also if anyone has had experience with replacing the rubber molding around the windows I would love to hear about it. My drivers side window is currently flucked up. The window pops out of the channel at the top and has managed to rip the rubber molding. I took it to a Honda/Acura shop and they qouted me $210 to fix. Just wondering if this is something I could possibly take on myself. I"m by no means the most mechanically inclined, but also not an idiot at the same time.
Thanks for the help boys.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well after keeping the beast almost stock for nearly 2 years i'm thinking to begin to make some modifications. I love the ride of the Legend and don't wanna sacrifice it with too much noise. Just curious as to how loud the exhaust is during everyday driving, say shifting around 3k-3.5k rpms. Also if i'm cruising down 40 doing say 80, sitting right below 3k how loud will it be. I still want to be able to cruise with my windows up and not worry about the exhaust rattling my brain for hours on end.
Also if anyone has had experience with replacing the rubber molding around the windows I would love to hear about it. My drivers side window is currently flucked up. The window pops out of the channel at the top and has managed to rip the rubber molding. I took it to a Honda/Acura shop and they qouted me $210 to fix. Just wondering if this is something I could possibly take on myself. I"m by no means the most mechanically inclined, but also not an idiot at the same time.
Thanks for the help boys.
Legend Specific, you'll never even notice while inside windows up!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
You will notice the difference in sound when you first start the car after the muffler has been installed and you will notice difference in sound when you shift above 3K. You shouldn't notice the difference in sound while cruising, at least I don't (or it doesn't bother me). Personally, I enjoy the elevated exhaust sound and I am not a fan of loud noises.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love It

I was worried about the same thing when I got my Remus. It definitely doesn't sound like a ricer with a trash-can exhaust. Its a nice, low growl at high RPMs, like a Ferrari. Very polished..

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
cruisinbg around 80 u wont hear a thing just a slight deep hum...it sounds so beautiful. my remus is a rev3 with the twin turbo tips so im sure the legend specific will be quieter.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Mine is Legend specific and I just love the deep throat sound of it when cruising @ about 80 mile. But you will notice when you first take off from the stop, it sounds lovely. I'd say it sounds similar to the G35 coupe.

·
Certified Pimp
186 Posts
DO IT!!! Best thing I have done for the Legend... and take it under tunnels/underpasses for pure aural enjoyment!

Oh, and I have the same problem with the window molding. I think that one option is to try and adjust the window alignment inside the door/channels. Replacing the molding shouldn't be too hard, just the cost for parts.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
I have two Legends and two Remuses...or is that Remi? Anyhow, I'm very happy with the Remus which I have run for almost 8 years now. Not loud at all, but a soft, low tone. You'll notice a growl at acceleration.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good look on the input fella's. I believe all the feedback just made up my mind. I'll try an acquire one once my tax returns arrives.

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
remus specifics got stoopid expensive lately =(

twin angled rev 3 universal for me plz

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I took it to a Honda/Acura shop and they qouted me $210 to fix. Just wondering if this is something I could possibly take on myself.
Acura Legend Online Service Manual (Pages: 1438-2690, current: 1897)

Thats how you adjust the window so it's on track. (it goes for a few more pages past that) I had to do it to my car, it was very easy. You just have to loosen 1 or 2 screws and move them until it slides well.

There's another thread on it that shows it better but I can't find it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
yeah its a lot quieter than i thought. honestly its like stock unless you get to 3k or above rpms. there is a slight hum when cruising but its only audible if ur listening for it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
DO IT!!! Best thing I have done for the Legend... and take it under tunnels/underpasses for pure aural enjoyment!

Oh, and I have the same problem with the window molding. I think that one option is to try and adjust the window alignment inside the door/channels. Replacing the molding shouldn't be too hard, just the cost for parts.
Huh huh huh huh you said ORAL huh huh:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts