Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lone Star Legends
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the symptoms of my cam gears being out of time?

Don't ask how...don't say "they just don't go out of time"...don't laugh at me...

...Thanks...

:hide:

·
Lone Star Legends
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do have symptoms, you know...

Poor, choppy idle
Little to no low end power
Power band hits above 5K!!
Lower than normal fuel mileage
Some "missing" while pulling a hill below 2K rpm
Hard starts on occasion
Stalling

·
Lone Star Legends
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you just check them and stop being lazy???

-Matt
Very helpful...thanks. :sleeping:

Here's the deal...I KNOW they are out of time, and I don't want to tear it all out to fix it. When I did my timing belt, the passenger side cam spun and I got it as close as I could considering. It's probably just 1 belt rib off, but I don't have the time or the patience to do this job again...

I was just curious if my symptoms were typical of cam gears being out of time. [Hint: my symptoms are in white in my 2nd post.]

·
Registered
185 Posts
ah another reason why Swift should be here.

He did my HG and timing belt , he was one tooth off on the passenger side(retarded) but couldn't tell until start up but did not worry since he knew it wouldn't cause trouble. He had to work so i had to drive it like that for a few hours and my symptoms were like yours. Just pull those plastic covers off and check the alignment marks???

·
One Meeelion HP
2,907 Posts
Very helpful...thanks. :sleeping:
Well its obvious that you suspected them being out of timing for a reason(maybe cause you fucked up the timing belt job?). It takes me less than 10 minutes to check the timing on a Legend, stop bitching and go grab your 10mm and a 19 mm and do the damn thing.

-Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts