Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question....

Do i really need a camber kit, if i drop my suspension???

and

Are the cambers for legends adjustion???

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
check u'r camber after you drop the car. if there's a slight negative camber, you should be fine. most people don't bother with a camber kit.
i've dropped my car on the lowest perch on eibachs. i have some negative camber in the back but i like it. a little negative camber can be good.
-j

·
Registered
306 Posts
Negative camber can be a good thing. Negative camber actually helps in cornering, but too much of a good thing is bad too. I can't remember where I read that, but I remember reading it.

However, negative camber has an adverse affect on tire wear. What you get with too much negative camber is inside tire wear. The G2 Legend (and I believe most of the Honda line of cars) has a spec of +1.0 to -1.0 on the front and I believe +1.5 to -1.5 in the rear.

Go and have your alignment checked. If it is within specs, I wouldn't worry about it. I have my car dropped koni/eibach on the lowest perch. With no camber kit, my fronts came to -1.7 and the rears at -2.1. I now have a camber kit on and my fronts are at -0.4 and the rears have not changed as I have no kit for it. I thought I would be able to get to zero but I guess not.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Bao

1 - 3 of 3 Posts