Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im tryin to sell my Alpine 620 to this kid with a L Sedan. It has the tape deck and a cd slot on the radio it self, does this radio have a changer plug in the back? Can it control the changer?

I finally found this forum again! Cool Aid :D

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Uptown said:
Im tryin to sell my Alpine 620 to this kid with a L Sedan. It has the tape deck and a cd slot on the radio it self, does this radio have a changer plug in the back? Can it control the changer?

I finally found this forum again! Cool Aid :D
It has a tape deck and a cd slot? That means the deck he has is probably aftermarket as they never made a factory CD deck for the 2nd Gen Legend.

You changer will work if he's deck is also alpine, if not, then no.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw, this was a factory Bose. It has a Tape deck like the Premium head unit the LS had but ad the botton it has a cd slot and its one unit. First time I ever saw this unit and Ive seen my share of legends, I got 4 in my family alone.
It says Bose but it doenst have Premium on it. And I believe his model is a 94 L cuz it has leather but no heat to the seats and no power seat in the passenger side.

Anybody seen this head unit before?

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
help upgrading the BOSE system

i got the L sedan and it has the BOSE sound system WITHOUT cd or changer, only tape, and i want to buy a new deck and changer.
im thinking about gettin the new sony Xplod active black panel cassette deck and Xplod changer too. i herd sumthin like the BOSE system CANT be upgraded or changed part by part, u cant even put a sub in.............or just change the deck............and each speaker has its own amp and its all connected and works together only..............and all this other complicated stuff about upgrading the system.....................whas da deal???

if i just change my deck and add a changer will everything work fine?? will i have to re-wire anything else? (speakers or nething)

please help fast
thanks

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: help upgrading the BOSE system

LEgEnD4LiFe said:
i got the L sedan and it has the BOSE sound system WITHOUT cd or changer, only tape, and i want to buy a new deck and changer.
im thinking about gettin the new sony Xplod active black panel cassette deck and Xplod changer too. i herd sumthin like the BOSE system CANT be upgraded or changed part by part, u cant even put a sub in.............or just change the deck............and each speaker has its own amp and its all connected and works together only..............and all this other complicated stuff about upgrading the system.....................whas da deal???

if i just change my deck and add a changer will everything work fine?? will i have to re-wire anything else? (speakers or nething)

please help fast
thanks
It can be done, I have a Sony in my sedan, and it had the Bose system. I also upgraded the speakers in the doors with JBL's.
Anything can be done....just ask

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if Im not mistaken the Bose amp still works with any radio you install. make sure to connect your AMP Switch wire on the Sony to your antenna wire on the cars harness or else the unit wont play a cd. I had this happen to me I felt like a DIKK when I had to call fukkin Trouble Shoot. I have Boston Acoustics and Xplode rears.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Hey guys, yall have the L right, the non premium bose. OK heres the scoop, i have an L and a GS. IN the L the amp is in the head unit, in the LS and GS, it is seperate. So in the L the speakers are at 4 ohms, so all of us wit the L have it easy, we can keep the bose speakers and just add a head unit. (Hey, do you have a bose w/ tape and CD, or is it aftermarket) if its aftermarket alpine, or factory bose you should be able to add a changer to that.

peace
Tnelson

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I know that the 96-98 TL have a similar bose headunit with an in dash cd player and tape and maybe he or the previous owner swapped it out from one of those cars. I was thinking of doing the same also.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Your welcome. Like Leon said, anything can be done all it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. BTW, dont ever pay a shop for an install. Find a friend and have them help you. Its not that hard. Ive done two systems and am workin on a third. Its gonna be about 1500 watts when im finished. im probably need a cap. anyway, i would be happy to help anyone in this area do their system. If your in OK give a hit, i love car audio.
peace
Tnelson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts