Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am going to go through what has happened in the past couple days. first i was trying to find my problem with my car not starting all the time my wife called me in the house and i left the ignition on killed the battery so i took it out and finally got a new one a few days later. well that reset my ecu from what i have read well since i have put the new battery in it only stumbled on the start up one time and now i dont have an check engine light on so i cant check it for a code. anyway i took the car out even though i dont have plates on it yet and opened it up and ran it hard for a little while. well when i pulled back into the garage i noticed a puddle of water from when i was reving the motor earlier before my road test that had came out of the exhaust and had a little bit of carbon residue in it. anyway i wanted to see if it was always coming out so i reved it up and nothing not even a hint of smoke it coming out of the exhaust. so i shut it down and then restarted it and repeated tons of times and it started every time and starts even faster than before. well my question is could the combination of resetting the ecu and opening the motor up could of gotten rid of my starting only sometimes problem. this car has 144,000 miles on it and i only bought it 2 weeks ago so im not sure how it was driven before. and i know if some vehicles are babied around all the time they tend to have a problem with carbon build up on the top end of the motor. anyway has anyone had anything like this happen or maybe someone with knowledge of these motors

now the ABS question i pulled a 1-2 code which translates into pump motor circuit. does anyone know anyting more on this code?? please help

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Sounds like you may have just had a bad battery for your first problem. A little condensation from your exhaust at first start up is normal. As for the ABS the only thing I've "heard" is to replace pump motor or whole assembly but since they are over a $1000 new (without labor) a lot of people just don't fix them. Another option is to buy a used unit but you run your own risk of how long they will last.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.