Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I am new here....I'd like to introduce myself...
I have a black 95 LS coupe 6 speed which I baby more than my boyfriend...=)

I was wondering if there any parts made for our cars? I've noticed they are so hard to find.

I wanted a little low end pull so I bolt ons (tame) would be my choice for a start.

I noticed my shifting is a notchy...can anyone please suggest a clutch/flywheel set up?

Also I wanted to put in some slotted/cross drilled rotors....I had a 91 CRX before and I used Integra rotors without mods...is there is larger diameter rotor I can use that will fit the stock caliper?
(any suggestions on bleeding the brakes would also be appreciated)

Thanks so much

G2Girl

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey there and welcome to the forums. Sounds like you've got some car knowledge coming as a previous CRX owner. Why is it that everyone that drives a CRX turns out to be a car freak? Oh well, good things don't need to be explained. Anyway, I hate to be the first one to tell you this, but finding aftermarket parts for our Legends is one of the toughest things EVER! Low end torque really is a problem and the only solution on the horizon is the headers that several of the guys on the forums are working on bringing to us (hopefully early summer). As far as the clutch/flywheel, i dunno, my baby is an auto, so I can't say. Moving on to rotors, you can get brembo or powerstop X-drilled rotors, but bigger rotors don't exist. There's been some talk of modifying the NSX big brake kit to fit a Legend, but talk is all it was. Anyway, you'll find that being a Legend owner has many benefits even though ample aftermarket parts aren't one of them. Welcome again, and make yourself at home.

-GR

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome G2Girl, I baby my car more than my wife so I guess we have something in common, except mine is an automatic. I hope you find the forum helpful and entertaining, we're mostly harmless Legend lovers here. If you have any pics of the ride feel free to put them up in the Gallery.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics

I will put up some pics soon but it's stock and very not show worthy..

btw - where I do I post pics?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: pics

g2girl said:
I will put up some pics soon but it's stock and very not show worthy..

btw - where I do I post pics?

Thanks everyone
I've never seen a babied Legend that wasn't show-worthy :D. You wanna post your pics in the Legend Gallery part of the forums.

-GR

·
Registered
799 Posts
any Legend is show worthy. welcome. you have something that i want (and no it's not your boyfriend) it's your 6 speed. good luck and happy hunting for parts. I currently have ten sets of type II headers coming from Japan. should be about a month as they are clearing customs in hawaii right now.

dv8 is also working on some custom headers, and he has always been a wealth of mechanical knowledge to the forums (i.e. type II swap into his sedan)

for the most part have fun...and happy driving

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
you have something that i want (and no it's not your boyfriend) it's your 6 speed.
I think we would all like g2girl's 6speed.. I saw in another thread it only has 25K miles!:eek: Damn that's low miles!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts