Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90LS and the bose speakers are toast. I'm not too good with car audio and was wondering if someone could reccomend a good brand that is readily available, and not rediculously expensive. thanks

· Registered
2,973 Posts
As 5speed said, get on Bose Automotive's web site. Contact Patty Bollack or the other person there. For $ 75 ea. they'll totally rebuild the speaker....new cone and amp....and your sound will be awesome. I've done this to 2 LS Coupes ! If you need more info....PM me. Good luck ! John

· Registered
342 Posts
ND1980LS said:
As 5speed said, get on Bose Automotive's web site. Contact Patty Bollack or the other person there. For $ 75 ea. they'll totally rebuild the speaker....new cone and amp....and your sound will be awesome. I've done this to 2 LS Coupes ! If you need more info....PM me. Good luck ! John
john, do you know the factory bose wattage rating?

· Registered
2,973 Posts
AndaHeart said:
john, do you know the factory bose wattage rating?
I don't. But on the '89LS Coupe I just restored the previous owner had put a Kenwood aftermarket unit in the car. On the rear speakers the amps had been bypassed because the headunit was amped ( totally cutting the wires out ) but the speakers still sounded good. None of the wiring had been cut on the radio side of the harness; only at the speaker end. But as I wanted to go back to the stock Bose system, I sent the speakers back to be rebuilt. You can try calling Bose ( Matthew Dorin ) @ 508-766-9524.....maybe he can answer that question or get that info for you. I looked in my Acura manual and it doesn't have that info.

As I was writing this I found the specs on the Acura in dash CD player CD2102AR that I have in my '90LS Coupe. Power requirement: 14.4V DC ( 11 - 16V allowable ). Output Voltage: 110mV/10k ohms. I'm not sure if this helps at all. If not, call Bose at the above #.

· Registered
4,259 Posts
jeighty3 said:
I have a 90LS and the bose speakers are toast. I'm not too good with car audio and was wondering if someone could reccomend a good brand that is readily available, and not rediculously expensive. thanks
Hey, this might help... I've always used CRUTCHFIELD for my audio (home or auto) questions, but I never buy from them... :D just for refference only, go in their web site www.cruthfield.com and check em out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.