Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving home from work yesterday in stop and go traffic on GA400 and the car behind me rear ended me. We were in the fast lane so we pulled over to the inside median. I'm swearing up a storm as I had been for a good portion of the drive because there are so many stupid drivers in Atlanta.

I get out of the car after calming down for a second and start to get information from the guy who hit me. He was around 20 years old, looked to be Mexican, and was driving a mid 90's gold Thunderbird. Finding nothing better to write on, I used an old paycheck stub I had in my door pocket. This guy tries to get me to just trade info and be on our way but since I had no idea who he was, I didn't think that would be prudent. So I start calling 911 on my cell and the guy starts getting increasingly nervous. He asks me for my phone while I'm waiting for 911 to answer and I reply no. I'm thinking this guy is rather weird. He then grabs the information from me (written on my pay stub) and proceeds to jump in his car!

I'm totally dumbfounded and my reaction was delayed for a moment as I took in this turn of events. I reach in his car and grab him by the back of the collar and try to drag him out of the car while he is pulling away. His shirt nearly ripped off and I lost my grip on him as he was accelerating. I run to my car and peel out for a good 3-4 seconds on my launch. (Yes, they CAN peel out!!!) The guy got a pretty good jump because traffic had almost stopped on all 4 northbound lanes watching this unfold. I had no information on him now and didn't get his plate as he was driving away, so I figure I've got to at least catch up to him and get his plate number.

He and I are tearing through the traffic dodging cars and weaving in and out of traffic. At one point I remember him being a few lanes over and about 20 cars up. I kept my pace up and soon he was only a car or two in front of me. He tries to ditch me by taking the exit ramp at the last second but that wasn't even close to working. I was on him and closing, trying like hell to make out his plate. We are both passing cars on the offramp and driving pretty fast. On the road that the exit dumps out on I see him ahead and close. He pulls into a mall entrance right when I have him and proceeds to turn a quick U around the island at the entrance. I cut my wheel and threw my car around the island too, gunning the engine and producing a huge squeel from the tires peeling out yet again. A car leaving the exit had stopped as he was unable to merge and had my runner blocked. I got his plate!

At this point, I let him go and called 911 back. I was able to remember his last name, his street, and now had his tag. I hope the police get him! Luckily, the paystub he had stolen had my previous address on it but he did get my social security number.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That really sucks man I hope they catch him. I was rear ended on Thanksgiving last year and the guy gave me a strret name, but he gave me his phone number but no insurance info. I wrote down his plate number though. He left before the cops came and I didn't argue because it was like four other guys with him and I was with my wife. Come to find out the car was not his, he had just got his license because the moron gave me his number on a piece of the paper they give you when you pass the test that you keep until your license comes in the mail. Anyway I had to come out my pocket to get my car fixed $1500 and the cops told me all that would happen to him is his license would get suspended which I don't even think happened!!

Sorry about the long post but I know how you feel

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
427 Posts
wow that is scary. for sure you got the guys info because why would he grab your pay stub unless it was important. maybe that guy had a suspended license. Hope the asshole get nailed and you get your car back to normal.

·
Registered
685 Posts
hope the cops catch that MoFo, I hope you get your car back to perfect condition, give us an update if and when they catch the sunuvab*tch

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Damn!!! Good job and glad no one got hurt.

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
Once stopped I would not have let the guy go til the cops got there. That sounds to me like felony hit and run? (esti?) that guy obviously doesnt have insurance and probably not a license. From what you said he could also be illegal in the U.S. so in fear of deportation or a warrant he bailed. Good luck on getting this one taken care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.