Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haave an L 92 4dr my seat is power, passenger not.
Can I install them in there?
2)also are the heated seats controls on the seat itself or are they on the console?
thanks

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You will probably have to "re-engineer" the wiring harness as most harnesses are model specific. The controls on my 92 Cpe are located on the console below the arm rest.

·
Registered
760 Posts
well in my L sedan the passenger front seat is pre-wired for the heated/power seats. so basically what id have to do is get a seat with the fancy stuff on it and bolt it down and hook up the harness. im also assuming that the heated seat controls on in the seat, like the L model the heated seat (the drivers seat) come on when the heat is turned on.

id say youd be fine, assuming you get a power seat out of the LS version of your specific year. LPB kinda hinted on this, but there may be variation between the years as how the wires are arranged in the wiring harness.

-brandon

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Darkstar said:
well in my L sedan the passenger front seat is pre-wired for the heated/power seats. so basically what id have to do is get a seat with the fancy stuff on it and bolt it down and hook up the harness. im also assuming that the heated seat controls on in the seat, like the L model the heated seat (the drivers seat) come on when the heat is turned on.

id say youd be fine, assuming you get a power seat out of the LS version of your specific year. LPB kinda hinted on this, but there may be variation between the years as how the wires are arranged in the wiring harness.

-brandon
actually, the heater controls are in the console....and u may want to get a Helm's and check the wiring diagrams to be 1005 sure...I am certain it would work though, but the heater is another story

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the heat controls for both coupes and sedans are on the console?
but I can put a power seat for my passenger side right?
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't care about the heated seats but I'de like the passanger side to be power operated... So I can just buy a 95 LS Coupe Pass. Power seat and take my old seat out and put the power one in? Is it that simple?

Beacause if I buy POWER pass. seat then sell my non power seat the trade off shouldn't be that much... $$$ wise..

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes, I think you can just swap out the power, that's all. And all you might need is just to rewire for electrical source for your powered seat, and it should work. That's what I think, because all the power components are located at the seat, and no memory, no nothing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome! I had this same question and now you guys answered it for me. But I think it's best if I wait until I'm ready to get new leather because trying to find a matching Pass. seat in as good condition leather as the rest of the car is going to be hard.

·
2,879 Posts
Theres no wiring harness for the heater controls unfortunately. I have a 91L with power passenger seat but was unable to wire the heater controls.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you put in the pass. seat yourself?
Was there any wiring that needed to be done, besides just plugging the wires together?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alexander said:
Yes, I think you can just swap out the power, that's all. And all you might need is just to rewire for electrical source for your powered seat, and it should work. That's what I think, because all the power components are located at the seat, and no memory, no nothing.
What rewiring would I need to do?
Shouldn't I just be able to just plug them in?
cuz what are the wires that are already in my L under the passenger side?

HAS ANYONE EVER DONE THIS?

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
I don't know why guyz with the L model would like to have a power passenger seat. I have a power passenger sit and do prefer the manual seat. Reason, if you have a lot to traffic of people moving in and out of your rear seats, manual seats shift instanteously unlike power seats that take forever to move forward or back.
The other thing. Manual seats are many many pounds lighter that power seats because it has no motor. I have two seats from a 95 L Coupe sitting in my garage, I can easily lift the Passenger seat. The Driver seat (Power) needs two people to carry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want the power pass. seat for more luxury.. When I have a female in the Coupe and she wants to adujust her seat (always) i'de like her to have the "power" to do so..:D

Ah the added weight will be taken away with the 18 Lb rims i'll be getting in the next month 1/2..:D :eek:

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
I want the power pass. seat for more luxury.. When I have a female in the Coupe and she wants to adujust her seat (always) i'de like her to have the "power" to do so..:D

Ah the added weight will be taken away with the 18 Lb rims i'll be getting in the next month 1/2..:D :eek:
True, power seats means more luxury.
Many of my passagers don't even know how to adjust the seats so most of the time I have stretch across the console and the passeger to do it myself. Of cause I wouldn't mind if it as hot chick:D , It is a nice opportunity to feel her goods:D :D
But at times that is kinda cumbersome.

By the way, seven spoke legend rims (15X6.5) don't weigh over 16 lbs. They are extremely light.
I tired to look on the net for the exact weights but was not lucky. But I know that all Integra OEM rims (15 inch) weigh between 15.0-16.00 lbs so we can assume legend rims should close that range.
Here is the list I found.

MANUFACTURING WEIGHT
WHEEL METHOD SIZE (lbs.)

WHEEL TYPE SIZE WEIGHT(LBS)
Acura Integra GS 92 Cast 14x5.5 15.5
Acura Integra GS-R 94-95 Cast 15x6 16.0
Acura Integra GS-R 96 Cast 15x6 15.5
Acura Integra GS-R 97 (00+ LS) Cast 15x6 15.0
Acura Integra GS-R 98-01 Cast 15x6 16.3
Acura Integra Type-R (JDM 4-bolt) Cast 15x6 12.3
Acura Integra Type-R (JDM 4-bolt) Cast 16x7 17.0
Acura Integra Type-R (US model) Cast 15x6 15.6