Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight problem I have an electrical problem with my legend. I took it to someone to look at but, they told me that they charge $90 an hrs:wtf: to look at it, then he told me the money I would spend on it for him to look at isn't worth the car. So what do you guys think. The guy that had it before me had a stereo system in it and it look like he just went in an rip everything out of it. But my thing is whenever you buy a car and dive it off of the lot it loses value. So how the hell can he tell me the car isn't worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some of my problem are. if i have my headlights on the crusie control doesn't work, if i have the cig lighter plug in i can't get the keep out of the steering wheel, when i cut the the lights on it idle sort of high

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
It is normal for every shop to charge you an hourly rate to try to find an unknown problem. Sounds like he really didn't want to work on it, especially at that rate it which is high. If you want help, please describe your symptoms as 95LegendGS said.

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
922 Posts
You need to be more descriptive if you want some real help, otherwise it is easy to understand why the mechanic didn't want to screw with your car. :rolleyes:

Take an extra 10 seconds to think before you post, then another 10 seconds to proofread what you've posted. When it is easy to read and understand what you write, it is easier to feel good about trying to help you.

Since you said the stereo that was in the car previously probably just got ripped out:

A good start would be to make sure the illumination wire in the radio wiring harness (or any wires for that matter) aren't grounding or shorting out (behind the radio or in the gaping hole left behind).

If the amp turn-on lead (most installers use a single blue wire) was tapped at the fuse box make sure it isn't shorting/hacked off/dangling in there and while you're at it, remove and check all the fuses.

Check the terminals on the battery cable and try to look at the ground connection to the body if you can. Bad grounds make heat and can cause lots of electrical issues.

As a last resort, sometimes the blinker fluid gets low and we all know what kind of havoc that can play on an electrical system. :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts