Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am writing because I have a problem I was wondering if anyone could direct me in the right direction. I own a 1991 Acura Legend and I have this Alarm that I would like to install in my car (Vampire VAM4040 (Remote Starter & Alarm)...I know that my car has an alarm because there are times when I'll open the door and the alarm will come on and I can only turn it off by using the key. Can anyone help me in telling me what do I need to do to take out the acura legend alarm (or where it is for that matter) and if there is a diagram or something that I can use to help me install the new one...Any help you guys can give me will be much greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Help

Hey Mike D,

Thanks for the diagrams...I really dont understand it that much but I will look into it...All I really want to do is figure out how to install the aftermarket alarm that I have...Thanks very much for any help you have and can provide.

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
MyLegendnMe said:
Hey Mike D,

Thanks for the diagrams...I really dont understand it that much but I will look into it...All I really want to do is figure out how to install the aftermarket alarm that I have...Thanks very much for any help you have and can provide.
not to sound pessimistic or anything, but if you can't figure out the diagram the first time around, take it to a pro. I tried to install my VIPER but after looking at everything I was like f it. My chances are greater of f'n up whats already in the car vs. a pro installing it correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not that I cant figure out the diagram of the alarm...its that I dont know where to start installing the alarm on the car...if that makes any sense...To keep it real with you though, I did take it to a professional outlet in my area and he started complaining at the fact that it was too cold to work on the alarm and circuit city refused to do it because I didnt buy it from them...that was my dilemma, which made me want to do it myself. But thanks for any advice though, its appreciated. :2cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Removing OEM alarm from a 91 legend..

Hi, i have a 91 legend, that i have a problem with the factory alarm, if i unlock the door with the key on the driver side door the factory alarm would go off like crazy, i would then have to run over to the passager side door to turn off the alarm. Even if i lock the door with the key the alarm would still be active, which i dont understand because i have heard that it only go on if it is lock from the inside.

please help, very much appreciated. if i can cut the oem alarm.

john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.