Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is f'd up. i read some previous posts about BHG's and it seems to have sparatically happened to me.. My temp needle never went past the tick under the center mark. i've never had any overheating problems. i have a little over 30k on the motor the last guy that had it had it fully rebuilt block up w/ all oem parts. s0 anyways.. heres the story...

i went out this morning. (it made a transition from 50-60F yesterday to about 20F this morning. damn its cold .. anyways... i put the key in, start the car as usual... my auto tilt doesn't do its thing... :confused: but thats besides the point. well i let it run for about 10 seconds, and looked out the back to back up out of my spot. and theres a lot of white white thick smoke. so i immediately shut it off. AND TODAY AFTER CLASS I HAD FULL PLANS TO DO THE COOLANT FLUSH!!!!!!!!! !!!!! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!

i was thinking.. .maybe its just becuase its cold outside... but it seemed totally different than that.... so i got scared and i left my baby there parked and had my gf take me to class. so i'm sitting here at one of the computer labs slightly panic-ing.

f :(

· Registered
876 Posts
its the temp outside that is causing this. i too thought i was having a potential bhg situation but realized its just condensation from the exhaust. dont fret.

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
:giggle:

im sorry but this post was ginuenly comical...but also not, at the same time. I understand your worry, but it's all good. if it was bangin cold out side, you're going to have condensation/steam coming out of your exhaust...especially if you've got an aftermarket exhuast.

in the mornings, if you've got a pretty straight through muffler the condensation is going to be much greater. the Remus smokes like none other when it's cold outside, but it's only cause it releases a lot of air/heat into the atmosphere.

sorry, didn't mean to giggle. All's going to be alright. atleast you're taking care of the booger. :)

now you see the detriment of people constantly sayign the car will blow a HG...:giggle: it doesn't blow if you keep the car up, which you're doing, so i wouldn't worry too much about it (keeping the car up does not mean washing it ever 3rd day :giggle: )

· Registered
102 Posts
Your concern is definately warranted but in this case it seems you are needlessly causing yourself stress. To my knowledge the Head Gasket will go bad ONLY after you overheat or have a cooling/sensor problem. Just bleed that and watch the needle. One time I bled it but not enough so as soon as my needle went above 1/2 I shut the car down and bled it again on the road-side. So now it hasn't overheated since and that fixed the problem. Just pay attention 2 your baby and it will treat you nice.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i feel silly now . tee hee (laughing like little school girl). none of my cars in the past blew out this much condensation in the morning and its been much colder than this. not even the 4.0 in the sc400. it just scared me becuase of reading all the horror stories plus it was like early and frigid this morning and i wasn't quite awake. stupid brain. plus i have no idea how well the guy before me took care of her. it does have a full rebuild, i was just being overly cautious. here on out, she'll be babied. but i am currently at the parents' garage takin care of the little 'booger'. got all the equipment i need for the flush and refill so this should be another worryfree 30k until the next one :) thanks guys. i did mean for this thread to be somewhat comical in the fact that i freaked out. haha. i love this place. you guys are great.

i'll get some day pics of my car soon since the only ones i posted were in the parking garage. and yes i actually do wash my car like every 4 days. once or twice a week :) wax regularly. wipe down and clean the engine too. thats why she shines! and hopefully will be happily shining for the next 5-10 years :D

· $er1f
991 Posts
I think the cause of most BHG is bad water pumps. If you have a slight drip out of the water pump seep hole it can turn into trouble in a couple of days if not taken care of. On the white AK, I notice a drip in my garage one day; thought nothing of it as I was driving hard. Two days later the temperature gauge went to where it has never gone before; above "that tick". I immediately shut here down and check the fluids; which were resting below the neck. Topped her off and drove cautiously home. Had a 50 dollar pressure test done and they said the water pump was leaking. I say thanks, order timing belt (all belts for that matter), upper and lower radiator hose, and thermostat from AOA (Acura of Augusta). Put parts on....don't look back. BHG is nothing to be afraid of it you maintain and monitor your ride. Point; Make sure all those coolant issues are good for the millionth time.

one,

· Registered
3,012 Posts
You have a BHG! Sell me your coupe for a hundred bucks and get something else! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.