Acura Legend Forum banner

Can someone say dynamat?!?!?

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  SaGe69 
#1 ·
OK I have a problem(not really big just need someone to help me put this in chronological order) I want to let everyone know right off the bat that i don't s-hit money therfore funds are limited. OK I want to dynamat my car fully ie(doors, trunk, bottom floor, anything else) I don't want to hear the road at all with the windows up and I sure in the hell don't want to hear (vroooooooom,br,vroooooooom,br,br,vroooooom) coming from the outside of my trunk when the subs hit. How hard is it to dynamat. I enjoy doing work to my car myself so I feel I would love tackling this task. I know I need a heat gun. Do I have to sand the surface free of paint??!! Or do I just have to make sure its clean?? How hard?!?! Should I do this before I get my shocks and springs?!??! And my rims?!?!?! Or would it not matter. Dynamat can add alot of wieght to "Alice" so should I wait to get my shocks and springs???What shoiuld I do?
Thanks

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I know that is the only sucky thing of it all!

I love my music loud because I feel it!(Sounds stupid but it's the truth!:p) I know that is the only sucky thing about having a loud system because the ambulance, fire trucks, and police could be behind me and I won't know. I know from experience because when I had my 12's in my (don't laugh) Buick skylark I was mobbing down the Blvd blaring my ghetto blasters to Nas and the Police was trying to pull me over. He told me he was trying to pull me over for 8 blocks before I realized he was behind me. I got my first ticket ever last summer,Disturbing the Peace! I'm just thanking I didn't get an Eluding the Police charge as well! :p I wish they had something to hook up to the deck that would automatically mute it when Police,Fire Men, and the ambulance have there sirens on! Get this---> My brother in law is a fire fighter and he has 2 10" subs, 2 tweeters, and some midrange in his truck. His s-hit hits hard!!! Some people like it loud! Or maybe it has to be loud for him to hear!?(All that wear in tear from the sirens damaged his ears..j/k brother in law Anthony):):)

Discussion starter · #6 ·
LEGENDC

I never thought of the tire wells!!!:D Thanks man I will probably go with the cheaper stuff..It's not like you can see the name brand anyway!?!?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.