Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: :confused: Has any one removed the whole front bumper from a 92LS sedan? Was it hard and how easy is it to put it back on centered? I need to remove it, I'm gonna have it painted so I can sell the car afterwards. I looked on legendtuner, but there was no such info on removing a bumper. Any input helps............Thanks. Latin.................:confused: :confused:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
It is easy. You need to remove a total of 14 screws and bolts. You need to remove the phillips screws holding the foglight cover in place. One on each cover (total two). Then you remove the bumper turn signal by loosening the two phillips screws holding it it in. One for each light (two total, running total of 4). Then you remove the 4 10mm bolts from the under side plastic shield. Two on each side (total 4, running total 8). Then you unscrew the two plastic screws toward the center part of that plastic shield. Two total, running total 10). Now, you remove the 4 12mm bolts holding the bumper in place. These are accessed through the hole left from the bumper turn signal. (4 total, running total 12) For the Coupe, there is only 2 12mm bolts holding up the bumper, so the total would be 12 bolts.

Now, if you are going to paint, you now have to remove all those plastic screws that hold the bumper cover onto the bumper itself.

After you get used to removing the front bumper, you can pretty much do it in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: :eek: :eek: DDDDDAYMMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! THE PRIZE FOR UNDER 5 MINUTES BUPER DISMANTLER MAN GOES TO...................CHRIS K! GIVE HIM A BIG APPLAUSE PLP :D Good stuff man!. Thanks. U don't know how bad I need to do that! ;) Props man. Latin..................

·
Registered
310 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: DDDDDAYMMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! THE PRIZE FOR UNDER 5 MINUTES BUPER DISMANTLER MAN GOES TO...................CHRIS K! GIVE HIM A BIG APPLAUSE PLP :D Good stuff man!. Thanks. U don't know how bad I need to do that! ;) Props man. Latin..................
hey dude, can you help me out on removing the front bumper? have u paint your bumper yet? if so, how much did you pay for it? i need to paint my bumper as well. lot of works need to be done on my legend :(

thanks.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Chris K did not mention that the Legend does not have any adjustment for the front end sheetmetal or bumper; it either fits or the vehicle has experienced collision. You also must be careful to slide the bumper assy off of the bumper slide bolts with the bumper remaining level. Failure could damage the bumper slides and the rear top edges of the bumper cover will not align with the fender. You could also bend the slide bolt affixed to the fender.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
i got my front bumper re-painted it looks really good, at least as good as the rest of the paintjob on the car.................hmm i got it done over 2 weeks ago i still havent paid anything lol they never contacted me again..................hmm maybe they forgot lol:p

i was wondering............befo every1 was saying if u r gonna get ur whole car painted dont go for a cheaper paintjob, save up for acura paintjob.............but this guy who painted my bumper, it looks at least as good as the rest of the car!! and i think hed prolly do the whole car for $300 to $400.............so why wud i spend $4000 on oem paint job.............??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts