Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
It would cost more to fix them that it would to buy another set of used cams most likely. If they were ultra-rare and irreplaceable, it might be worth it, but as it stands I would say no.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
To fix those, they would have to add (weld) metal, then regrind. They usually charge around $1k for that if I'm not mistaken. If just a straight regrind would fix it then it would make sense, but those journals look really chewed up to me. I guess if all else fails, you could send them a set of Type 1 cams instead, should be able to pick a set up cheap. Supposedly Web was able to regrind the Type 1's pretty close to the same specs they used on the Type II's. Just a thought.

·
KA8 Legend Killer
452 Posts
I got them for only $15 and thought a regrind can fix them.
for only $15 it might be worth a try, what else do you have to lose? only a $15 set of cams really

·
Registered
619 Posts
yes these can be fixed mine looked like these when i sent mine? the whole cam will be reground

·
Registered
619 Posts
wow worse then i thought but i still think they can be regrinded so send them out

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Those belong in the trash. No joke.

Regrinding them won't do shit by itself, the diameter of the journals would be way to small afterwards. So they would have to be welded to make up the lost material, which Web has been charging $1000 for in the past. Even if you did all that, I still wouldn't trust them not to break in that spot later on.

Better yet, send these pictures to Web if you want an expert opinion.

·
NBP...
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those belong in the trash. No joke.

Regrinding them won't do shit by itself, the diameter of the journals would be way to small afterwards. So they would have to be welded to make up the lost material, which Web has been charging $1000 for in the past. Even if you did all that, I still wouldn't trust them not to break in that spot later on.

Better yet, send these pictures to Web if you want an expert opinion.
I dont know the email to send the pictures to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts