Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speaker grills are really soiled. Can they be cleaned.... like putting them in the dishwasher or something?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that like a goo that you rub in or something? The tan color does not help either I guess... pretty easily stained.:)

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
It actually comes in powder form and you mix it with water. They do sell it in spray bottle form now though.

Yeah, my interior is tan too, so I know what you mean. :) What makes it worse is that I have kick panels and some people use it as a foot rest, so that gets the grille cloth really dirty.

I actually use Oxyclean on my floor mats too.

Here's the website: http://www.oxyclean.com/oxicleanindex1.html

They sell it in some stores too.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
FYI

I cleaned by tan speaker grills about 2 weeks ago all I did was remove them with the aid of a butter knife and brought them in my house and ran them under the sink and got them completely soaked with hot water. Then I used a regular bar of soap and got them soapy rubbing the soap in the mesh of the grill then I took a toothbrush and scrubbed them all over scrubbing each surface then I rinsed them with hot water and then cold. I used a towel to speed up the drying process and they became damp with very little water present. I then let them air dry. It worked great for me!!!

·
Holier than thou
38 Posts
Hi,

If you're talking about the door speakers, then they are not easy to remove.

use lexol ...yes the leather cleaner on the grill. don't use too much so that it drips or can get into the speaker. I use it everytime.

balaji
95 LS 6spd ( champagne )

·
Registered
423 Posts
If u go to ur hardware store, u'll find a carpet and seat cleaner with a brush on it's head. One brand that really gets stains oout and dries by itself is Bissel™, it's a blue bottle w/a blue soft brush on it's head. There's also a red bottle w/brush on it also, but I can't remeber the name of the brand. The bissel can works wonders, don't put too much foam because u might get it on ur speaker, but rest assure, foam it, brush it, let it dry and it sparkling clean :D. Good luck.

Latin.........................

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx guys....]\

I think I am going to try to get that applicator brush so I can scrub the sh$t out of them as they are really dirty... hopefully it will work.:)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
LegendGS said:
I'm not sure about sticking them in the dishwasher, but I clean them with Oxyclean. :D
Oxyclean....i've seen those infomercials on T.V does it actually work, i've been thinking of just hitting mines with black spraypaint and let that be the end of that:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
HATE_ME_NOW said:

Oxyclean....i've seen those infomercials on T.V does it actually work, i've been thinking of just hitting mines with black spraypaint and let that be the end of that:D
I was also thinking of painting mines black thats why I wanted to get a spare set of grills just in case i didn't like how they looked painted black.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
HATE_ME_NOW said:
Yeah, it works quite well, and doesn't require any soaking or scrubbing. I usually wet a cloth with it, and wipe it gently on the grille cloth. It cleans it very quickly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts