Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinking about gutting my muffler and want to know if theres any way to seal it without actually welding. i want cut a big rectangle out the top of my muffler but i dont know if any liquid weld i could find in a store could hold a cut that big, i'd imagine it would be a foot wide and a little over a foot and a half long.

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind, got my a new inspection sticker today so i just put a 1 inch hole in the middle of the muffler, the rust was already starting to spread like cancer anyway, sounds pretty nice for a free mod but may have been better if i bought a custom one, sounds smooth, no rattles or anything, i have to admit it sounds a little ricey but about 60% as loud and isnt having any droning resonation problems, definetly sounds nicer than stock. i really like the little growl at idle. for me was well worth 15 mins of my time and was exactly what i was looking for. probably wont increase any hp or anything though.

· Registered
242 Posts
I got my daughter's muffler, cut out both pipes, got a hole saw and drilled 2 2 1/2 holes, then welded 2 pipes to it, sounds awesome and looks good

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if thats a legend muffler thats gota be LOUD! i guess it also depends what baffles the holes are between, 1 1inch hole is enough for me, i gota coast into my driveway at night trying to be nice to my neighbors and keep my dog from waking up everyone in my house :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.