Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to test your mechanical knowledge. I ran across this engine block and decided to take it off the guys hands. He had no idea what he had! Do you?

Look at these pics and see if you can identify what car this engine block came from...

You're only clue is in the first pic (block 5)...

Attachments

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
what is it, what is it?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ding ding! We have a winner! Vic is right. This is a 3.2 litre NSX block. I just got done checking it over, and it has a spun rod bearing. Not a bad fix, but I'll need the heads to get any use out of it. Thats only about $8000 worth of heads.:giggle: Anyone interested in buying this block? Or, if anyone knows where I can find heads for a better price, I may consider building it stronger and putting it in a dune buggy or something. lol

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
That'll be tight in the dune buggy. you'd be hauling ass.

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Dude....................:bowdown:

Hey before you off that thing....get some super detailed pics, engine mount locations, tranny bolt pattern, Intake mount measurements, etc. etc. etc....

In fact, if someone had a spare 2.7 block in your area...a side-by-side comparison is a MUST to confirm or dispell any of the age-old myths we have around here...

Again:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess what!?!?! I got a 2.7 block sitting in that very same room with the 3.2. I'll post a new thread when I get some pics and measurements together for ya. This could take a while....

I got a lot of parts up there. JDM intakes for a lot of 4-cyl honda/acura cars. Couple trannies, i think 1 for a g2 legend(auto) thats good for parts. Look at these pics and see if there's anything of interest. I just never got around to e-bay'n this stuff out!

Attachments

·
Fut RIP
10,145 Posts
Guess what!?!?! I got a 2.7 block sitting in that very same room with the 3.2. I'll post a new thread when I get some pics and measurements together for ya. This could take a while....

I got a lot of parts up there. JDM intakes for a lot of 4-cyl honda/acura cars. Couple trannies, i think 1 for a g2 legend(auto) thats good for parts. Look at these pics and see if there's anything of interest. I just never got around to e-bay'n this stuff out!
what are you asking for the block pm me with a price!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Time to test your mechanical knowledge. I ran across this engine block and decided to take it off the guys hands. He had no idea what he had! Do you?

Look at these pics and see if you can identify what car this engine block came from...

You're only clue is in the first pic (block 5)...
C32B from the NSX?

Or, if anyone knows where I can find heads for a better price, I may consider building it stronger and putting it in a dune buggy or something. lol
Why don't you try and put it in the Legend? We're been discussing it for a while and no one has really had the time or resources (or luck, in your case haha) to get their hands on one of those.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's room to do it, but a lot of fabrication. And when you're done, you still only have a 280hp V6 with not enough room to run turbo pipes anywhere! I really didn't see any way to make it worth it. I will be writing a good thread that compares Legend and NSX engines, to give everyone a good idea of what I'm sayin. I still have to get measurements and pics together, but I'm workin on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.