Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canada kicked the snot out of Belarus today 7-1
USA edged Russia 3-2

Well its official.... Sunday is the big game for any of you hockey fans. It was like a national holiday in the city during the Canada Vs. Belarus game.... Everyone was watching the game at all the pubs and restaurants and not working. I think it will be a wicked game on Sunday. Its kinda neat that both mens and womens came down to the battle of North Amereica.

What do you guys think about the gold medal game?:)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Personally I'm not a big fan of hockey, but sounds cool. I wonder who has a bigger fan base.. USA or CANADA.. Canada invented Hockey didn't they?

How about some Olympic FOOTBALL? Yeahhh!

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I wonder who has a bigger fan base.. USA or CANADA..
Without a doubt, Canada has a bigger fan base. It's essentially their national pastime there. Hockey to Canadians is what football, baseball, and basketball combined are to Americans. Hockey is big in states like Minnesota and North Dakota though.

I'm betting tomorrow is gonna be a real good game. Unfortunately, I won't get the chance to watch it. I'll be snowboarding on the slopes instead...gotta keep my priorities in line.:D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno.... More people in the US but Canadians are born with skates, so I say it would be pretty close. I beleive that the 1??th anniversary of Hockey just came and went. The first game was played On a pond in Nova Scotia somewhere I think...

Either way it will be an awesome game

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
Mckenzie91 said:
I dunno.... More people in the US but Canadians are born with skates, so I say it would be pretty close.
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of per capita. :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well its over.... 5-2 Canada.

I have to say that that is the biggest game I have ever seen, and will probably ever see in my life time. Canada has not won a gold medal in hockey in 50 years. And actually it was 50 years to the day yesterday, that they won back in 52.

The pub I went to to watch the game was crazy...... There was a few americans in the crowd and actually they were fire fighters from the New York Fire Department . The city went crazy after the game...... I have never seen such madness... either way it was the best hockey game I have ever seen and I wish hockey could be like that more often, and without Eric Lindros :) He is such a disgrace to the game...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to agree. I don't know why lindros had to be there when guys like Thorton were left out. Anyway it was also nice to see how gracious everyone was after with no whines or complaints about this official or that rule etc..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree....

A very professionaly played game with no fights or anything...

The one main reason that I cannot stand Lindros is this:

Anyone who is offered a chance to play in the big leagues in any sport, who does not take it, should not be allowed ever to play. There are millions of young atheletes who eat, sleep and breathe sports who never make it. It is their life long dream to play infront of millions of people, and most of them will not make it.

He is offered a chance to play in the NHL and he turns it down.... it makes me sick.. And when he does get to the NHL, he does nothing for the game except get concussions (read: Scott Stevens, NJD!!). And also highy agree with you about Thorton, as I think he got the shaft big time.... but they won anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts