Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car got egged last night or in the morning on 10/23/05. Ask hass, he'll understand. We live in Dearborn. 2 Car washes and there is still an egg stinch and some egg stains. I did a light search on the forum and found nothing like my situation. Anyway I really need ideas on how to get the stinch off and the remaining yolk stains without ruining my paint. Should I hand scrub with a sponge? Here are the pics.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
94Lsedan said:
should i try scrubbing first though? cuz i dont want to have to go through longing hours of work. its starting to get cold in michigan.
Here is EXACTLY What I would do....

#1-Find out who did it, beat them down. ;)

#2-Wash the car with a good quality car washing soap.

#3-ClayBar. (There is a tutorial in the DIY section for this)

#4-If there are still stains, an abrasive polish should be used, preferably with a buffer. If you don't have one, or feel comfortable using one, find a detailer in your area. Look for one that is mobile and works for themselves, they usually do the better jobs.

For more information check out http://www.detailcity.com. You can get some detailing information there, and if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you should be able to find a detailer in your area on that forum.

Oh, and don't scrub too much, you'll end up adding marring and swirls and make the polishing harder.

At this point I recomend you take it to a pro, or have a pro come to you.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
gmblack3 said:
shoot to kill!
:bowdown: im with him on this one. payback is a . i'l let you borrow my auto paintball gun (22+balls a second) should make easy work of their cars

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Follow Pat's instructions although I would probably take the car to one of the DIY and use the spray gun.

Put the setting on PRE-SOAK, spary the whole car, then power wash it off. Then wash the car by hand.

If you wash it by hand first, there's a chance that some of the egg shells might end up in your wash mitt or sponge and you don't want to scratch your car.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
OhGeez said:
Follow Pat's instructions although I would probably take the car to one of the DIY and use the spray gun.

Put the setting on PRE-SOAK, spary the whole car, then power wash it off. Then wash the car by hand.

If you wash it by hand first, there's a chance that some of the egg shells might end up in your wash mitt or sponge and you don't want to scratch your car.
OOOO-Good points. I guess I assumed that most of the shells were off.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
91LSMAN said:
OOOO-Good points. I guess I assumed that most of the shells were off.
Looking at those pics.......I'm almost sure there will be shell stuck to the car.

I went through this with my GTP. It was the day of Halloween and some kids went bombing so my car became a casualty of war. :D

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
OhGeez said:
Looking at those pics.......I'm almost sure there will be shell stuck to the car.

I went through this with my GTP. It was the day of Halloween and some kids went bombing so my car became a casualty of war. :D
But I actually read people's posts. ;)

94Lsedan said:
... 2 Car washes and there is still an egg stinch and some egg stains...

· Registered
1,491 Posts
91LSMAN said:
But I actually read people's posts. ;)
DOH!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Well, I'm at work so my attention to detail is not that great. I'm always looking over my shoulder to make sure no one is watching. :D

Now, let's say he drove it through a car wash and not actually hand washed....it might still be an issue.. :D

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
OhGeez said:
DOH!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Well, I'm at work so my attention to detail is not that great. I'm always looking over my shoulder to make sure no one is watching. :D

Now, let's say he drove it through a car wash and not actually hand washed....it might still be an issue.. :D
Ok, Sure. That's what we'll say. ;)

· city slicka
458 Posts
that sucks man... egging cars is more of a random act

speaking of egged cars... you guys better store your cars somewhere safe cause halloween is around the corner!! punk azz kids have nothing better to do then walk around the neighborhoods with 4 boxes of eggs ready for action.....

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have any egg shells on my car anymore. After I paid for the car wash, I told the guys that my car got egged, and they hooked me up by spraying, power washing, and clear coating my car. I did this twice at two different car washes. All that is left is like a smudged clear egg stain. No whites, no yellows. I have these on my driver window, door, hood, and driver side front fender. No paint was scratched, thank God. I'll post some pictures of the stains tomorrow.

· Registered
9,369 Posts
94Lsedan said:
I don't have any egg shells on my car anymore. After I paid for the car wash, I told the guys that my car got egged, and they hooked me up by spraying, power washing, and clear coating my car. I did this twice at two different car washes. All that is left is like a smudged clear egg stain. No whites, no yellows. I have these on my driver window, door, hood, and driver side front fender. No paint was scratched, thank God. I'll post some pictures of the stains tomorrow.
Get a bucket, some soap, and a sponge/towel. A drive through wash will not do the job. With your paint being black I hope you started cleaning quick. The more that egg sits the more damage it does and the harder it is to get off.
Later!
Lee

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.